• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superman63086

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Franklin, IN
    So my question is actually about colored frames. I have seen OD green, Desert Tan, and Gray. But where do people get them? Is there a coloring process for the Polymer or is someone coating and selling them? Cant really find anywhere that actually sells these but I have seen enough to make me think that they existed as original.
    Thanks in advance for feedback.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Like Gabriel stated, Glock used to make OD fames, but discontinued them a year or two ago. Others have their frames duracoated.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Well although disappointing I am glad to have the info. However, wont the duracote rub off of a polymer frame?

No worse than it would off of a metal frame. There are a few options to change the color of a Glock, but no matter what you do to it, it still wont be as cool as a 1911:twocents:

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    They also made them in red and blue.

I've never heard about these but here is some info I found.

Red Glock Practice Pistol The Glock Practice Pistols work normally for loading, unloading and trigger operation but are made non-firing by a plugged barrel and solid breechface. They are identical to a standard pistol in size, shape and weight but have a bright red or blue frame to identify them as training pistols. The following models are available: G17P, G19P, G22P, G23P and G26P. Glock Practice Pistols are only available to law enforcement officers.

The Glock FAQ: glock_faq_glock_model_info

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I've never heard about these but here is some info I found.

Red Glock Practice Pistol The Glock Practice Pistols work normally for loading, unloading and trigger operation but are made non-firing by a plugged barrel and solid breechface. They are identical to a standard pistol in size, shape and weight but have a bright red or blue frame to identify them as training pistols. The following models are available: G17P, G19P, G22P, G23P and G26P. Glock Practice Pistols are only available to law enforcement officers.

The Glock FAQ: glock_faq_glock_model_info
    Bingo, Red is training and blue is simunitions.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Glock made a limited number of olive framed guns.
    My OD G26.

2561_64418961850_507266850_2138860_8001350_n.jpg

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    ya i have a od green, but they are getting harder to find. and when you do find on they are alittle salty, there is 2 of them on gb and there up there, you will find one here it just might take a min. like me im looking for a glock 30 with nib-x coating. if any one has one of these im interested, just keep your eyes open if i see one ill let ya know.

Top Bottom