• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I picked up one of these afew weeks back at a great price,,($389) Its not really me to just purchase without watching youtube and checking reviews of a firearm i'm interested in. I can say after running several brands and different wgt bullets thru it ,this thing ROCKS!!

I've had AFEW light strikes which i'm gonna blame ammo not the gun!!
    I have been careful to load mags like they (youtube) has said to to prevent nose diving and it take a conscience effort to do this. Bottom line im not going to carry this firearm i'll have fun and shoot afew matches with it, ITS A FUN GUN!!!
    Blazer 22
    Fed Target grade
    Fed 550
    Thunderbolts
    ALL have functioned very well!!
    ALL light strikes were with Fed 550
    I like it ALOT!!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Dang, I thought you were going to sell it for what you had in it! Lol

Hard to go wrong with a 22 that shoots well

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    That was a local gun store price!! prolly why i was quick to snatch it up and ask questions later!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Glad you are enjoying it. I was strongly considering one. The one I rented at Point Blank felt like it had a 10-pound revolver trigger. I'll pass.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    As stated, i'll never carry it and i'm notta bullseye shooter! If i can ring steel or hit a softball sized circle at 5-12 yds I'm golden! I REALLY disliked the trigger at first but i did the .50 trigger job on youtube which is nothing more than polishing afew internals and it is a lil better. BIG FAN!!

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Agreed. I bought one a few weeks ago and have put all kinds of ammo through it. I need to watch these YouTube videos you're talking about with regards to loading - it was giving me fits in the beginning and I'm not sure I'm doing it the best way.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    In a nut shell you load and only pull down on the mag buttons as far as to load the next rd. Then after all 10 are in the mag TURN MAG UPSIDE DOWN and pull and release mag buttons once or twice MAKE SURE top rd nose is upward. I'm glad i watched vids before i shot for the first time. I'm hearing some horror stories concerning nose diving bullets. I'VE HAD ZERO ISSUES!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2021
    Indiana
    Heard alot about this strapped.....The G44 is the ideal pistol to start or enhance your shooting experience. The innovative design of the hybrid steel-polymer slide chambered in our first .22 caliber round provides a lightweight and low recoil functionality for optimal control.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In a nut shell you load and only pull down on the mag buttons as far as to load the next rd. Then after all 10 are in the mag TURN MAG UPSIDE DOWN and pull and release mag buttons once or twice MAKE SURE top rd nose is upward. I'm glad i watched vids before i shot for the first time. I'm hearing some horror stories concerning nose diving bullets. I'VE HAD ZERO ISSUES!!
    Complaints about this have seemed to simmered somewhat, from what I’ve read on other sites.

Like you, I follow the same way for loading, follower down, 1 at a time.

except: When fully loaded,... I don’t turn over the whole assembly.
    I just hold the loaded mag by its base on a flat surface, and pull down “NOT SNAP” the follower a few quick times and you’ll witness any “misaligned” rounds lay flat again.
    EZy-PZy

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I am having a hard time following the mag loading procedure narrative, would someone have a YouTube link? I have a G 44 but I’ve never had any issues with feeds from the magazine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I am having a hard time following the mag loading procedure narrative, would someone have a YouTube link? I have a G 44 but I’ve never had any issues with feeds from the magazine

Sorry, I know of No published Video.
    If yur havin’ no issues...Great!
    Keep doin’ watcha’ doin’!

What I do know from different web sights.....

Some folks will pull the follower all the way down and then proceed to fill the mag with rounds.
    As they fall in the mag, some get crooked and won’t lay flat and stack properly.
    Installing one round at a time while pulling the follower down a little at a time helps prevents this.

On earlier production guns an mags, folks reported the rounds were pointed downward upon filling the mags which would then lead to failures to feed.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought one when they came out new Jan. 2020 & put around 2000 rounds through it with only a handful of issues: great for the .22LR round.
    Sold it at the end of the year, longer than I keep most of my guns just having fun trying them all out.

I ran across a Sig Sauer P226-22 Classic that I enjoyed & a friend wanted the Glock 44 for his daughter, so I let it go.
    I liked the 44 b/c of its dependability & reliability & full-size feel, but I had many others that shot more consistently.
    Glock calls it a marksman barrel, but I wasn't impressed.

Bratch1976

Bratcher Sr competition shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Chesterton Indiana
    The G 44 is wonderful. If you like it definitely try to seek out some of the GSSF matches in the Midwest. You can win free guns shooting that Glock 44. Myself and others have done it recently this past year at GSSF matches. Also I shoot with people who have ran that gun to grandmaster in rimfire pistol iron division. Stock except sight change. The Glock 44 is a wonderful firearm! Enjoy and enter some Glock shooting sports foundation shoots and win some free stuff with it! Also if anyone here is interested in custom Glock trigger work or sites for the Glock 44 that are fiber optic an amazing including rear sight change or any other Glock work check out the Glocksucker at Belchers guns and gun smithing in Mishawaka. Unbeatable Glock work. Lance Bratcher Senior competition shooter

Bratch1976

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Chesterton Indiana
    The G 44 is wonderful. If you like it definitely try to seek out some of the GSSF matches in the Midwest. You can win free guns shooting that Glock 44. Myself and others have done it recently this past year at GSSF matches. Also I shoot with people who have ran that gun to grandmaster in rimfire pistol iron division. Stock except sight change. The Glock 44 is a wonderful firearm! Enjoy and enter some Glock shooting sports foundation shoots and win some free stuff with it! Also if anyone here is interested in custom Glock trigger work or sites for the Glock 44 that are fiber optic an amazing including rear sight change or any other Glock work check out the Glocksucker at Belchers guns and gun smithing in Mishawaka. Unbeatable Glock work. Lance Bratcher Senior competition shooter

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well its notta bullseye pistol, Definitively accurate enough for practice and ringing steel.
    Definitely. :thumbsup:
    That is why I kept mine longer than I usually keep a gun trying it out for range fun before moving on to the next flavor of the month.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Sorry, I know of No published Video.
    If yur havin’ no issues...Great!
    Keep doin’ watcha’ doin’!

What I do know from different web sights.....

Some folks will pull the follower all the way down and then proceed to fill the mag with rounds.
    As they fall in the mag, some get crooked and won’t lay flat and stack properly.
    Installing one round at a time while pulling the follower down a little at a time helps prevents this.

On earlier production guns an mags, folks reported the rounds were pointed downward upon filling the mags which would then lead to failures to feed.

Ah, ok. That makes sense

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood

I have never shot in any matches. Are there different skill levels?

Bratch1976

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Chesterton Indiana
    I have never shot in any matches. Are there different skill levels?

No but it is definitely for everyone of all skill levels especially GSSF. I would recommend seeking out some GSSF matches in the Midwest. You will have an absolute wonderful time and the prices are phenomenal even the random prizes cannot possibly be beat. It’s worth checking out Glock shooting sports foundation.

Top Bottom