• ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Public groups get shutdown rapidly, go figure

If the problems are as rampant as the speculators claim, wouldn’t it be more beneficial for these people to be sharing the information in a public domain? There are number of public forums that would be better choices. But most of the big forums are strangely quiet.

I still doubt there are many having problems.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    If the problems are as rampant as the speculators claim, wouldn’t it be more beneficial for these people to be sharing the information in a public domain? There are number of public forums that would be better choices. But most of the big forums are strangely quiet.

I still doubt there are many having problems.

Forums don't attract millennials. Facebook policy has basically made any gun posting reportable out of necessity groups are private. Even fan pages are going private.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    With the way Facebook feels about gun folks, it seems odd that gun folks would not abandon them?

It's a tough situation to not be able to back up your claims with the source of the information. :dunno:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Forums don't attract millennials. Facebook policy has basically made any gun posting reportable out of necessity groups are private. Even fan pages are going private.

Yet nobody from any of those groups has cross posted anything from the groups in any forums? That isn’t suspicious, at least a little?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    With the way Facebook feels about gun folks, it seems odd that gun folks would not abandon them?

It's a tough situation to not be able to back up your claims with the source of the information. :dunno:

Feel free to hop Facebook and join in the posts. Manufacturers generally post newest information on fb/ig. It is also a single source solution for communicating. Forums are segmented and clickish. generally forums are more moderated than Facebook groups.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Yet nobody from any of those groups has cross posted anything from the groups in any forums? That isn’t suspicious, at least a little?

It's like the geiselle fiasco. Their new super duty uppers (the few that have shipped) are shooting 2 and 3 moa at best... The forums have been deleting posts because they are sponsored by g. It's much harder to have biased conversations on Facebook where no one is making money running the conversation groups.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It's like the geiselle fiasco. Their new super duty uppers (the few that have shipped) are shooting 2 and 3 moa at best... The forums have been deleting posts because they are sponsored by g. It's much harder to have biased conversations on Facebook where no one is making money running the conversation groups.

I think this is where we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That certainly clears things up. Secret conversations among millennials on an anti-gun platform, with no substantiation or moderation.

Made me a believer...
    :rolleyes:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I guess the guy posted this on Instagram with more pictures and info. Supposedly he was using Stingers.

For some reason, the general public (non-fan boys) are having a hay day with this. Is it unfair? Maybe a little. All new products have growing pains. Hopefully they get it straightened out.

But with 3 years of testing, you'd think that these pains would at least take a little longer than a week to surface. If these sorts of things were happening to guns after 50K rounds, that might be understandable, but after just a few rounds? Nah.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    But with 3 years of testing, you'd think that these pains would at least take a little longer than a week to surface. If these sorts of things were happening to guns after 50K rounds, that might be understandable, but after just a few rounds? Nah.

The quick arrival of issues sounds more like an issue with assembly than the design, at leas to me. A design issue they would have noticed with the testing. An assembly issue caused by the US plant though, that could easily cause a quick to show up problem.

The original reviews and information was from the release in Austria, our G44s are being built in Georgia. It may be as simple as the plant put out a poorly assembled batch. Maybe.

Hard to make any definitive statements on cause with the very limited information we have currently. Time will tell.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Dunno if this is new or not? I just found this Daily Deal in my mailbox...

Palmetto-G44.png

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I think this is where we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I'll get back on topic after. No one has shared an moa group or of a geissele super duty yet. I haven't done my daily stroll through arfcom, but brownells boys have been muting and deleting a lot of the g black Friday fallout. As soon as a topic threatens a paying sponsor admins lock it down on private forums. Facebook groups get that reputation and people move to the next. The platform isnt gun friendly, but it's so massive that they can't quite keep up.

Back to the glock... If you bought one have fun with it. I heard rumors of possibly getting high capacity magazines in the future, and possibly a factory threaded option. That will help my poor outlook of it, but won't change my mind that the tx22 was a better day one pistol.

In its low cap category I'm not sure I'd pick it over an m&p22, if there was a factory threaded option I might. But for ~550 (cost plus a bbl) in going with a grand power xtrim.

Again all these low cap pistols are basically worthless to me. I think we can push the rimfire sport shooting into a fun 2 gun or even have a uspsa classification for them if we can get more manufacturers into high cap. Another low cap option with a polymer slide is just blah to me.

Releases always sensationalize fails, and my limited time shooting the g44 showed no reliability issues. It just didn't seem particularly well built or thought out for its relatively high price point.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200127-165657_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200127-165657_Chrome.jpg
      89.6 KB · Views: 12

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'll get back on topic after. No one has shared an moa group or of a geissele super duty yet. I haven't done my daily stroll through arfcom, but brownells boys have been muting and deleting a lot of the g black Friday fallout. As soon as a topic threatens a paying sponsor admins lock it down on private forums. Facebook groups get that reputation and people move to the next. The platform isnt gun friendly, but it's so massive that they can't quite keep up.

Back to the glock... If you bought one have fun with it. I heard rumors of possibly getting high capacity magazines in the future, and possibly a factory threaded option. That will help my poor outlook of it, but won't change my mind that the tx22 was a better day one pistol.

In its low cap category I'm not sure I'd pick it over an m&p22, if there was a factory threaded option I might. But for ~550 (cost plus a bbl) in going with a grand power xtrim.

Again all these low cap pistols are basically worthless to me. I think we can push the rimfire sport shooting into a fun 2 gun or even have a uspsa classification for them if we can get more manufacturers into high cap. Another low cap option with a polymer slide is just blah to me.

Releases always sensationalize fails, and my limited time shooting the g44 showed no reliability issues. It just didn't seem particularly well built or thought out for its relatively high price point.

I’m not going to comment on the Facebook stuff. It’s best that way.

I’m glad you like theTX22. I feel the same way about the TX22 and most of the rest of the polymer 22s I’ve handled that you feel about the 44. Neither of us is wrong and neither of us is right. There is no right or wrong because it’s all subjective.

The TX22 hasn’t had a perfect record though. It’s had its hiccups with barrel and slides. They may not have shown up the first week, but they showed up. It just isn’t the best place to cast stones from.

We all have the reasons we buy guns. It isn’t a bad gun because it doesn’t fit your needs.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    His issues with 36gr ammo was odd given it ran with lighter and heavier ammo. He’s the first one I’ve seen have issues with ammo or POI.
    It will be curious to see if it becomes a trend or is just an anomaly.

Has anyone else had issues with the 36gr Federal Bulk pack through these?

Been out of town.
    I'll make sure I send in my warranty card just in case it is another example of the 1st run of a gun having issues that must be addressed.
    I never dreamed there would be issues with ammo after all the testing they did with all kinds of ammo.
    I'll take a dozen different brands with me this week to the range and find out out if mine has a finicky brand.
    I'll already run one brand of hollow points through it just b/c I had in the ammo bag, but don't remember which kind.
    I'll run a couple of mags of everything through it, and if there is one with a problem, run a box through.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Been out of town.
    I'll make sure I send in my warranty card just in case it is another example of the 1st run of a gun having issues that must be addressed.
    I never dreamed there would be issues with ammo after all the testing they did with all kinds of ammo.
    I'll take a dozen different brands with me this week to the range and find out out if mine has a finicky brand.
    I'll already run one brand of hollow points through it just b/c I had in the ammo bag, but don't remember which kind.
    I'll run a couple of mags of everything through it, and if there is one with a problem, run a box through.

That will be awesome! Currently that’s the only time I’ve seen someone report that it won’t run one specific weight of ammo. Otherwise it seems to be like all 22s, just some it doesn’t like.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I bought G44 a couple of days ago. Impulse buy for sure.

My first outing with the gun was a VERY brief session consisting of only a 100rd function check. Ammo used was CCI mini-mags and Wolf Match Target, I have other 22lr ammo, those were just what I had handy.

I had a few FTF's when loading a full mag on a locked back slide and using the slide release to charge the gun. All of these FTF's were the round jumping the ramp and the nose of the round stopping at the top of the chamber. Happened with both mags and both types of ammo.

While I didn"t take any paper targets with me, and was merely shooting at a wood pallet, I felt the accuracy was lacking. I will do more accuracy testing when I have time.

I also picked up a threaded barrel for it today, as I promised Bob at PSS I would buy one when they came in.

All that said, so far I am unimpressed. (Note, I am a Glock guy of 27yrs,)

Top Bottom