• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I want to trade my 3rd generation Glock 26 9MM subcompact pistol for a 3rd generation Glock 19. I am not looking to sell the G26 for cash or trade for anything other than a 3rd gen G19.

I purchased my G26 new in February 2004 and it has been my carry gun since then. Approx. total round count is between 750 and 1000.

Functional condition is 100%. Aesthetic condition is 95 percent, with only minor imperfections in the finish. Includes everything included when new. Here are some pics:

WTT G26 for G19 - a set on Flickr

I am looking for a FTF transfer in mid to north central Indiana. I am located in Lafayette. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Note: I will display proof of IN residency and my Indiana LTCH at the time of trade and I will expect the other party to do the same.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Bump - please note I have received a few very kind offers for various trades, one or two of which I would have otherwise jumped at. The most recent one....was tough to say no to.

However, I am looking to fill a very specific set of requirements and a 3rd generation Glock 19 is the only gun that fits said requirements.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    You know, if you were to take cash, you could spend that cash on a G19...

I have cash but no G19 if you know what I'm saying. Do it.;)

My challenge is that my G26 is my carry gun and I am not willing to go one day w/o. If I were to sell it, I would either have to find a used one for the same price or put the cash from the sale towards a new one plus some additional cash towards a new one. I could also work a trade with a dealer towards a new one, but then I would get less for my G26 than I would from a private sale.

Regardless, my primary issue is that the cash difference between the value of my G26 and a new G19 is going to be at least $150 and I would have to dip into my emerg. fund to cover it. That would be a bad thing since my goal is to grow said fund

I probably will have the extra money next month, but I was thinking of getting a membership to the local range. Which will not only increase my range time drastically but also lets me buy one gun at cost each year.

Ultimately, I consider access to my carry gun a must have and having a G19 a nice to have. So for now, I plan to wait.

Ultimately, I know the most likely scenario is that I will buy a G19 and sell my G26. So stay tuned.....

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom