• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    sometimes i put my G23 barrel in my G27 slide. I do this when more concealability is needed than the G23, but without sacrificing accuracy. I thought it was a decent idea. The barrel sticks out about half an inch from the slide but that the part thats inside my waistband and not printing. When I carry this way it shortens the grip just enough that it just dissapears from sight.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Thank you all for the great information!

It was mentioned that with a conversion barrel this could fire 9mm rounds. I read on another site that the existing magazines will handle 9mm rounds pretty well, but that I can also purchase a G19 magazine for that purpose.

Does this sound accurate?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    sometimes i put my G23 barrel in my G27 slide. I do this when more concealability is needed than the G23, but without sacrificing accuracy. I thought it was a decent idea. The barrel sticks out about half an inch from the slide but that the part thats inside my waistband and not printing. When I carry this way it shortens the grip just enough that it just dissapears from sight.
    To be technical, the largest part of handgun accuracy is the sight radius. You will see no differences in 27 vs 23 barrel in accuracy. You will see a difference in velocity, with a longer barrel. So your sight radius is smaller and your accuracy is worse (albeit very slightly) but your velocity and therefore bullet performance should be slightly better.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Steveh, yeah, you can use a conversion barrel to shoot 9mm from your .40 Glock. I tried putting 9mm rounds in a .40 magazine and it works, but it's pretty darn close to not holding the rounds securely.. I think it'd be easy to try, and if it didn't work you wouldn't have to do much to change it..

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    The recoil is reasonable for a .40. I added a Ghost Rocket trigger connector to mine which greatly helped with double taps. I would recommend a Lone Wolf .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. Just purchase some 9mm mags and you can shoot both calibers out of the same pistol (good option if the recoil is an issue or you want cheaper training ammo). You also have the option of shooting .357 rounds out the Glock 23 with a conversion barrel (can use the Glock 23 mags).

The Glock 23 is my primary CCW of choice. Easy to hide, shoot, and maintain.

Glock23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    I had to weigh in here... (see name)

I used to have a 27, which I sold to finance a divorce. (worth it)

I found that I didn't shoot the 27 all that well, it's got a lot of thump for a gun that is hard to get your pinky onto the grip. The extensions for the mags aren't really the same as having a grip there and really, if you are gonna have the gun be that long, you might as well get the 23.

I find the 23 to be fun to shoot, a bit harsh but not bad. I can shoot it much better than the 27. It is really not that much bigger, just enough.

I carry using a Galco "concealment" holster. I really like it. I can wear a loose fitting shirt and it is hard to see. People who know and are looking for it can tell, but honestly nobody ever notices I'm carrying. Galco is expensive, but in my opinion worth it.

BTW, is 9mm really that much cheaper than .40? If you're looking to shoot cheap, get a 22. I recently bought a MarkIII to plink with. 500 rounds for $23 and that was probably too much. It wasn't the Remington stuff which I've heard is dirty.

Top Bottom