• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Saw a G19 for sale on armslist, was just posted today. Messaged the guy and he said it was sold all ready to some guy picking it up tomorrow.

..now my heart is playing Love Hurts over and over again in my head...:crying:

Anyway, I'll still be picking one up soon, and as I hate the traditional GLOCK sights, was going to put on trijicon 3 dots or something.

But what I was wondering was how people like the 2-dot or Straight Eight sights? I hear they're faster, but thought of as less accurate. Obviously, this won't be a competition gun or anything, I was just wanting some opinions on them. And if you guys think having 3-dots on one of my handguns and 2-dots on another is a bad idea...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I prefer the traditional 3-dot system over pretty much everything else (bar-dot, plain black, front night sight only, different colors, Big Dots, etc) and prefer Meprolights over Trijicons.

I advocate keeping all of your defensive pistols set up as similarly as possible, to include the sights.

Bart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Seymour
    I put Big Dot sights on all of my fighting guns and several other officers on my department have switched to them as well. Faster sight aquisition and no loss is accuracy. You won't regret it.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I upgraded the standard fixed sights on my Glock 26 with Meprolights and I love them.

I also purchased and had them installed at Bradis. :rockwoot:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I prefer traditional 3 dot sights. I have mep night sights on my G23 and trijicon night sights on my G27. I am more than happy with both of them. I have fired a few handguns with the Heine straight eight sights and I do not like them at all! If they work for you that is great, but for me :noway:

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I ended up getting that G19 after all. So I guess it's down to Bradis for some new sights this week.

I think I may go with the Trijicons again b/c I've used those the most. But I keep hearing people saying they like the meprolights. Guess it might just come down to price.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    might want to look at Truglo TFOs they are pretty nice, bright dots at night and during the day. My dad has them on his G23c and I will probably get a set when my Glock Factory Night sights lose their glow.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I had big dots on for a while and lost accuracy. Just didn't work for me.

+1

Big Dots are great for close-in sighted fire, but I have trouble hitting with them precisely at distance. I'll be making the switch back to a 3-dot setup at some point.

Top Bottom