• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    ...ONLY cost taxpayers $86,000. Anyone else a little upset that in her first month she spent money that Dr. Bennett had saved the department on renovations?

Just me ranting, but its stupid S*** like this that makes me angry.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My wife is a teacher and I voted for Glenda. Didn't like the way Bennett was throwing teachers under the bus and making being a teacher a dirty word....but I am keeping an eye on her and what she does. I hadn't heard about her spending the 86k...have to look into it more...

Do you have a link to where you got the info?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yah, I see it. Not much of a story other than saying she spent the money. I agree...on surface not happy. I am a 'fan' on FB of hers...I'll make a comment if the time is right at some point.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I strongly suspect she'll just turn out to be a plant for the teachers' union. She's already fallen in line on the "Common Core" standards, after making noises to the effect that she thought they should be "reviewed" (analogous to Obama saying NAFTA needed to be "reviewed" in the 2008 campaign to woo Union supporters...while his peeps were secretly and feverishly assuring the Canadians that he didn't really mean anything by it).

So I suspect any conservative-leaning people who voted for Ritz on the grounds she'd be refreshing and different, are about to get taken to the cleaners.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I strongly suspect she'll just turn out to be a plant for the teachers' union. She's already fallen in line on the "Common Core" standards, after making noises to the effect that she thought they should be "reviewed" (analogous to Obama saying NAFTA needed to be "reviewed" in the 2008 campaign to woo Union supporters...while his peeps were secretly and feverishly assuring the Canadians that he didn't really mean anything by it).

So I suspect any conservative-leaning people who voted for Ritz on the grounds she'd be refreshing and different, are about to get taken to the cleaners.

No sh!*? I voted for her after receiving an e-mail assuring me she believed in local control of curriculum and was NOT a Common Core supporter.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Short memory? Bennett and the Republicans were the drivers of Common Core. She's had to be careful in how she works with them because of their threats and eagerness to strip her of authority.

They also wanted to place voucher money under control of the governor, where there would be no transparency in where it would go, until she fell in line with them.

Btw, anyone want to guess how much ISTEP costs each year? It makes the complaining about $86k look petty.

The good news is you can vote against her if you don't like what she does. If the GOP had the spheres to do what they really want to do, they'd make her job one appointed by the Gov.

You can't blame her for Common Core. It wasn't her baby. (Btw, wait till you see what that's going to cost. The Republicans and Bennett have already spent millions on it.)

Funny how with a super majority, the Republicans start looking just like Democrats. They want more power and authority in Indianapolis, and less in local communities. Different color poo, same stink.

VoteRedTeam

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I hadn't heard about the $86K, but I have to admit the only reason I voted for Ritz is because my sister is a teacher in Washington Township and told me I absolutely had to. My sister is super religious and couldn't care if she made 20K or 55K a year.....she only cares about teaching her kids and wants to stay in Marion County where she knows kids have a tougher time than those in Carmel or Fishers. I'd say give Ritz some time to get some things done education-wise that will outweigh the 86K.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The issue isn't that Common Core is Ritz's "baby." It's that she campaigned under the pretense of being new and different, which so far it appears she isn't, at least as far as Common Core is concerned.

As an employee of the Education industry, you may not have liked what "Bennett and the Republicans" did, but at least they didn't make any bones about what they were up to. They said what they would do, and gave people the chance to vote them out if they didn't agree.

What they didn't do, is schlurk around like Glenda Ritz, pretending to be a critic of Common Core to get some much-needed Republican support in her effort to secure her first term at the Public Trough, only to change her spots after 8 weeks in office and sign on to the status quo.

I know it's pretty inexcusable for any supposedly right-of-center person to have seen her as anything other than a Union plant, or to think she even had the authority to change Common Core, but the fact is there were some folks who were misled by her statements, and it now appears to have been crass and calculated on her part.

But apparently, crass and misleading behavior in support of the public education gravy train is considered no vice.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    The issue isn't that Common Core is Ritz's "baby." It's that she campaigned under the pretense of being new and different, which so far it appears she isn't, at least as far as Common Core is concerned.

As an employee of the Education industry, you may not have liked what "Bennett and the Republicans" did, but at least they didn't make any bones about what they were up to. They said what they would do, and gave people the chance to vote them out if they didn't agree.

What they didn't do, is schlurk around like Glenda Ritz, pretending to be a critic of Common Core to get some much-needed Republican support in her effort to secure her first term at the Public Trough, only to change her spots after 8 weeks in office and sign on to the status quo.

I know it's pretty inexcusable for any supposedly right-of-center person to have seen her as anything other than a Union plant, or to think she even had the authority to change Common Core, but the fact is there were some folks who were misled by her statements, and it now appears to have been crass and calculated on her part.

But apparently, crass and misleading behavior in support of the public education gravy train is considered no vice.

Union memebers getting faked out by their own beloved? Say it ain't so. LOL

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They grow up faster all the time...not even one quarter in office and she has a sense of entitlement already!

Top Bottom