• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    This post in no way is a condemnation of those who claimed to have had paranormal experiences but I do not believe that these things are possible. I've never had anything like this and I have been obsessed with them since I was about 10 or so. A neighbor of mine moved in behind my parents house and pretty much ever since then, we would read books on cryptozoology, alien encounters, government conspiracies and paranormal activity.

Belief, or lack thereof, does not negate reality nor truth. How can things exist beyond science, logic, reason and what we know as truth? The same answer I give is the same one I apply to metaphysics... our idea of truth may not necessarily be as sharp or focal as we think it is.

If these kinds of things exist, why is evidence so slim or non-existent? Where is the proof?

Perception is reality.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Here's two more for you, out of the countless experiences that I have.

1.) When my uncle's dad passed away years ago, he got a phone call that night after his dad's passing. Odd for some one to be calling at that hour, he picked up the phone.
    It was his father on the other end of the line. "Take good care of your mother son." And that was that. My uncle tears up if & when he tells this story. Not the wimpyest guy you think of crying either - retired Los Angeles county sheriff of 15 years or so.

2.) Im sure there are Angels here on Earth, that we pass by every day without knowing it. I actually came into contact with one of these Angels back in 2001 or 2002 in Lawrenceburg Indiana, at the speedway down there.
    My crew and I were down there at a 3 day racing event called funfest. On the first day, we were setting up camp. I had just bought a brand new bottle of propane (small bottle) for the lantern, and a new lantern. Little did I know, the lantern was faulty. When my crew chief screwed the bottle into the lantern, and lit the mantles, it blew up like a bomb because of all the raw gas spewing out. My crew chief quickly chucked the lantern out of the trailer where he had been sitting. I tried to act quickly. I put on my racing gloves (nomex) and tried to turn the lantern off thinking there was a leak post valve. That didn't do it.
    I tried unscrewing the bottle.
    Couldn't get to it because it was so hot.
    Mind you by this time the glass had broken off the lantern and the force of the fuel coming out of the bottle was starting to propel the assembly down pit lane.
    Race cars worth thousands and thousands of dollars, kids, pets, and personal vehicles were every where.
    I couldn't let this FULL bottle of fuel get away and hurt some body.
    I grabbed my fire suit, doused the suit with a bucket of water, and threw the suit over the fire, hoping to smother the flames from oxygen.
    As I did this, the fire went out.
    I went to unscrew the valve from the bottle, and instantly was burned by how hot the components were. The flame that erupted from under the wet fire suit burned off my eyebrows and the front side of my hair.
    Quickly I felt a strong hand on my shoulder, that shoved me to the side.
    Standing there was a well built gentleman, who had seen his fair share of work.
    He grabbed a plastic tub, turned it over, and put it on top of the fuel bottle and fire.
    He counted to 30, reached under the tub, and unscrewed the bottle from the valve.
    Walah! No more fire!
    I talked with the man for about 20 minutes, and thanked him for what he had done and how I was in such a panic.
    He told me he was the retired fire chief of Lawrenceburg of 30 years, and comes to the track all the time to watch out for fire.
    To this day, I couldn't tell you what the guy looked like.
    Any who, day two comes around, and there was a very bad wreck on the race track.
    I got to talking to some of the safety crew about the wreck, and in our conversation I told the one gentleman I was speaking to about my fire the previous day.
    At the end of my story, the gentleman enlightened me that HE was the fire chief for Lawrenceburg and had been for many, many years. He said that he had never seen, nor heard of any body that matched that description (I had remembered what the man looked like at the time.)
    Here's the kicker. After going back to the race trailer, dazed and confused about what just happened the day before, I asked my crew chief about it all.
    His response?
    "I didn't see any body yesterday like that either. I just saw you run after the bottle as it scooted down the pit lane and then you came back."

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Check a few posts back about my "tattoo".

I just finished that one and caught up with the thread. That was a pretty good one. My brother was a sleep walker and it's quite well documented to support your suppositions, most dreams and the most vivid dreams occur just before awakening.

Another phenomena that can be quite disturbing and generate many of these types of tales is known as "sleep paralisis". It can be extremely unnerving and even harmful if you sleep with some one else. It often leads to kicking and wild flailing of the limbs while totally unconcious. My own wife has the bruises to prove it, she can tell when it's starting most times now and shake me awake before I get nutty with it.

Fortunately it's all but completely stopped since I retired. I believe it is a lot to do with stress issues and unresolved situations in the real world. Now I'm as calm as drying cement.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just finished that one and caught up with the thread. That was a pretty good one. My brother was a sleep walker and it's quite well documented to support your suppositions, most dreams and the most vivid dreams occur just before awakening.

Another phenomena that can be quite disturbing and generate many of these types of tales is known as "sleep paralisis". It can be extremely unnerving and even harmful if you sleep with some one else. It often leads to kicking and wild flailing of the limbs while totally unconcious. My own wife has the bruises to prove it, she can tell when it's starting most times now and shake me awake before I get nutty with it.

Fortunately it's all but completely stopped since I retired. I believe it is a lot to do with stress issues and unresolved situations in the real world. Now I'm as calm as drying cement.
    NEver heard of it. I was hoping that was the name of what happens to me. I will be dreaming something disturbing, realize I am dreaming, try to wake myself up, but be unable to move or vocalize past a low mutter. I sometimes feel like I am looking out into my room , other times not. It usually ends by me "fighting" through it to the point I gradually begin one yell that gets louder and louder until I finally wake myself and can move. It scared the crap outta my parents when I lived at home, as well as when my wife and I started living together, but she has gotten used to it. Now as soon as she starts hearing me she just pushes me and tells me to wake up. :dunno:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    NEver heard of it. I was hoping that was the name of what happens to me. I will be dreaming something disturbing, realize I am dreaming, try to wake myself up, but be unable to move or vocalize past a low mutter. I sometimes feel like I am looking out into my room , other times not. It usually ends by me "fighting" through it to the point I gradually begin one yell that gets louder and louder until I finally wake myself and can move. It scared the crap outta my parents when I lived at home, as well as when my wife and I started living together, but she has gotten used to it. Now as soon as she starts hearing me she just pushes me and tells me to wake up. :dunno:

Well I had it spelled wrong of course but this is a pretty good description of what most people expirience.

Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many of my episodes would involve actually being asleep and dreaming that I was dreaming I was somewhere sleeping was inappropriate like driving and dreaming I knew I was asleep and needed to wake up. I'd actually "know" I was driving down the highway and "know" I was asleep and could see every thing yet "know" I wasn't really seeing it and was about to crash. Then I'd really wake up and realise the train going by or the wife was running the sweeper and I was trying to wake up but couldn't open my eyes.

That's just one out of dozens of scenarios that would run through that last 5 minutes of sleep and it would happen for years to where I had them all memorised and it was almost with in my control mentally to manipulate the progress of the dream yet I couldn't just wake up. I'd even think about it while I was asleep and recall this dream happened last time when this noise was going on and then go right on dreaming in a panic even though I knew what it was. Even when I knew what I was dreaming wasn't real even during the dream I'd wake up surprised to find my self in a hospital chair waiting room instead of operating a boiler in the powerhouse or dodging a semi trailor on the highway.

It's pretty creepy and yet still just ... indescribable I suppose like hallucinations with out drugs.

It took a lot of the creepy factor out once I knew what I was dealing with and was not in fact going insane or expiriencing anything completely unknown. Although still creepy it took on something of a "recreational" aspect I suppose as I didn't realise the cause and effect relationship and just figured it was something I'd always had and always would. After years of it, it's hard to remember a time before when it wasn't there. You are never really fully rested.

I know now working night shift was a big part of it, may be a third to half of the cause but a big part.

Last edited:

CathyRae

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I have a story about when we lived in Norristown, PA. Sean was about 4 years old at the time. I worked in an old church day care center. More Stories about that one!

Joe and Sean would tease me saying that I had a boyfriend named "Fred". Fred was Sean's imaginary friend. He would go everywhere with us. Joe was working second shift and sometimes Saturdays. We lived in a one bedroom apartment. I was in the bedroom folding laundry. Sean comes bouncing into the room. You could tell when Fred was speaking, Sean's voice would change like in "The Shining". Well anyway, Sean comes into the room. He says in Fred's voice "Stab Mommy." I turned to him and said What did you say?" He said it again. I asked him why he said that. He replied that Fred said that. I asked him if he knew what that meant and he did not. I told him and he said that he did not want to hurt me.

Needless to say that scared the crap out of me and Fred is no longer allowed back into our lives!

In the day care center, I have seen garbage can lids flip over. I even had a small rock thrown at me in a kid's bathroom. The little stone came flying at my face, stopped about an inch away and went straight down my body. My friend and I looked, there was no where for that stone to have come from.

Norristown, PA was a spooky place to live! I have other stories about another day care center but it can wait.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    a couple weeks ago on the bus ride to Munich, I fell asleep while the group was leading a rosary (idk if thats bad or not...) but I had a dream, and I"m sure that I saw my guardian angel. in my dream, I saw a man standing at the front of the bus in a business suit, and he was the best-looking man I've ever seen, and I got this immense sense of peace as soon as I saw him, almost as if he were saying "I've got your back" to me.
    I can think of no other explanation than that I recieved a vision of my Guardian Angel

L-W-R-C

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Willow Branch
    when I lived in Florida about 5 years ago I was sitting in my living room watching TV by myself at around 1 am and i looked over to my bedroom hallway and I seen a man that was completely white (kind of like black and white tv colored). he was wearing a trench coat, had an old bowler hat and was walking a small dog. the hallway was small, only about 10 feet long and I went into my room (the one he walked into) and nothing out of the ordinary. I cant explain this because my parents and I just moved in and the house was just built for a new addition, so there wouldn't have been anyone that died in the house years ago. I was about 13 when this happened.

Another time around 4-5 months before the one above my friend and I were in my room playing games and someone/something jiggled the door handle. I walked up to the door and it was locked. it was a push button lock so I probably accidentally push it when closing the door earlier. when I went to my parents bedroom and asked them about it they said they didn't do it. I believed them because that wasn't something we usually made jokes about, but then again it could have been them screwing with me.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    In 2002 me and my wife bought an old farmhouse that was built in 1871. We do not know anything about its history other than its age. It is allways interesting when I do projects around the house because it is so old.
    When we first moved in me my wife and our dog all had strange experiences. Me and my wife would occasionally see movement outside of one window. We would sometimes here light music at night when we were in bed. There were times when our dog would be laying in front of us while we were watching tv, and he would suddenly stare into the other room, his hair standing up on his back and growling. During these experiences we never felt threatened or afraid. We felt a presence but didn't feel it as hostile towards us.
    We had these experiences our first couple years after moving in and haven't had any for several years. I don't know what to make of it. Maybe they figure their house is safe with us?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    A couple weeks ago, I was on a business trip to Munich. I was standing at the front of the bus when I suddenly had the eerie feeling that someone was staring at my butt...

:dunno:

Top Bottom