• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    People say that is pretty good ammo. I really prefer copper though. I think it's cleaner. I would like to try a box or two of these though, but not $200 worth.
    In my 10/22 IIRC at 50yds it shot around 1.5" 10 shot groups. It was better than some but not the best for my rifle. The Eley force was the best in my rifle. Followed by Aguila Super Extra 40gr copper coated. Find the 22 velocity test thread it has my experience with many different 22lr ammo.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    This may have been posted previously. Did not find it with a quick search of so.

I recently ordered a case of 9 mm from bucking horse Outpost. I have done so before and had a good experience. I had noted however that others had stated BHO had instituted a signature requirement which I had not experienced with my earlier orders.

When placing my order I made a note to request no adult signature requirement, please. Based upon stated shipping times I expected it to be received on a day I would be home. Of course this proved untrue when the order did not ship for days.

What to me bordered on the disturbing however was the actual delivery requirement. During checkout I selected FedEx over UPS, purely on a random basis both seem to perform about as well at my address.

Stayed home today to receive the product and when the young man was greeted he stated he needed a signature and to see my driver's license . That was a new experience. The experience got even more interesting when he insisted his only ability to validate the license was to scan the back of it. Considering he was holding hundreds of dollars of my goods he ended up getting to scan the back of my license. And left me unhappy.

To a degree I can understand the signature requirement, though I do not understand not honoring a request to eliminate it. Refusal of the signature requirements simply makes it my responsibility for loss instead of BHOs or FedEx's.

FedEx's demand to scan my license however is a bit of a bridge too far. When given the option I will be selecting UPS as I have not experienced them behaving in the same manner.

What have others experienced with FedEx and UPS in this regard?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This may have been posted previously. Did not find it with a quick search of so.

I recently ordered a case of 9 mm from bucking horse Outpost. I have done so before and had a good experience. I had noted however that others had stated BHO had instituted a signature requirement which I had not experienced with my earlier orders.

When placing my order I made a note to request no adult signature requirement, please. Based upon stated shipping times I expected it to be received on a day I would be home. Of course this proved untrue when the order did not ship for days.

What to me bordered on the disturbing however was the actual delivery requirement. During checkout I selected FedEx over UPS, purely on a random basis both seem to perform about as well at my address.

Stayed home today to receive the product and when the young man was greeted he stated he needed a signature and to see my driver's license . That was a new experience. The experience got even more interesting when he insisted his only ability to validate the license was to scan the back of it. Considering he was holding hundreds of dollars of my goods he ended up getting to scan the back of my license. And left me unhappy.

To a degree I can understand the signature requirement, though I do not understand not honoring a request to eliminate it. Refusal of the signature requirements simply makes it my responsibility for loss instead of BHOs or FedEx's.

FedEx's demand to scan my license however is a bit of a bridge too far. When given the option I will be selecting UPS as I have not experienced them behaving in the same manner.

What have others experienced with FedEx and UPS in this regard?
    Same thing happened to me the last order (which will be my last) from BHO. The Fedex driver told me for that type of product, it was required.

Yet when I asked the guy at AEammo if their shipments required a signature, he said "no". I haven't pulled the trigger on ordering from him because I want to be sure I don't have to be home to sign. I have a job that I need to be at. I can't sit around all day waiting for a delivery. Especially when the delivery window is several hours long.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Same for me when they delivered yesterday. I get all my shipments delivered to work so they always need a signature but when she asked for my license I thought it was to verify age and then she scanned it. I asked why she needed to scan it and her reply was that scanning inputs the info so she doesn't have to manually enter it, told my coworker that my credit card company probably already informed .gov of my purchase so is what it is but I will not be ordering from BHO again and avoiding Fedex when possible. Also dont like the whole "buy our insurance so your package is protected crap" the package getting lost should not be my responsibility unless I am the shipper.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Yet when I asked the guy at AEammo if their shipments required a signature, he said "no". I haven't pulled the trigger on ordering from him because I want to be sure I don't have to be home to sign.
    I placed a $250 order from AEAmmo last Thursday. AE shipped it out via FedEx on Friday and it arrived on my doorstep Saturday. No signature required. The FedEx guy didn't even ring my doorbell.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    I placed a $250 order from AEAmmo last Thursday. AE shipped it out via FedEx on Friday and it arrived on my doorstep Saturday. No signature required. The FedEx guy didn't even ring my doorbell.

Never had an issue with ordering from them, dealt with Andrew, I think, each time, and spent 20 minutes chewing the fat with him just last week.

FYI for those local to them, I have it on good authority they will soon have a brick and mortar storefront for order pick-up; they're planning to set up in Atkinson Firearms old unit now that Atkinsons has their new store around the corner on Airport Dr.

Last edited:

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    When I have ordered from BHO, I have it delivered to the local Dollar General (all are)which is a FedX drop point. They sign,FedX emails me it's there,I pk it up,they scan my license and I go. Kinda hard to beat there 9mm prices. They have had a sig.req rule for at least 2 years I have used them. Their warehouse is Floyd's Knob Ind.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Same thing happened to me the last order (which will be my last) from BHO. The Fedex driver told me for that type of product, it was required.

Yet when I asked the guy at AEammo if their shipments required a signature, he said "no". I haven't pulled the trigger on ordering from him because I want to be sure I don't have to be home to sign. I have a job that I need to be at. I can't sit around all day waiting for a delivery. Especially when the delivery window is several hours long.
    I've purchased from AE Ammo previously, and regret not doing so this time. Shopping was faster with fewer hassles from them.

My first purchase or two from BHO went fine. Not happy with this one.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've purchased from AE Ammo previously, and regret not doing so this time. Shopping was faster with fewer hassles from them.

My first purchase or two from BHO went fine. Not happy with this one.
    I ordered some of that Scorpio 124 gr 9 mm. I have not purchased ammo in over two years and ran out of primers the winter of 2021/2022 so it was time. Sure I'd like to see prices come down even more, but a year or so ago I said I would buy when it hit $0.30/round and here we are a $0.26/round and I'm sitting on the sidelines.

I'll treat this like dollar cost averaging. If comes down next month, I'll buy again. And keep until I hit my inventory goal.

With doing this, I'll feel better each week at the range and may even shoot a touch more. :)

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Did ya try finding 30-40 Krag? Just noticed an old Krag Jorgensen in the back of the safe is the only thing I had no ammo for so have a couple boxes coming just to shoot it a time or two. Guess I got a deal around $80 a box of 20. There is one box on an auction site that is up to $155 for 20 rounds with a day to go. No brass anywhere either. Heck, 300 savage was easier and cheaper.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I just went through the last of my 124 grain 9mm NATO ammo and need some more. My old source is out.

115 grain ammo doesn't swing the plates on my dueling tree very well. Does anybody recommend a 147 grain brand? I'm looking to buy 3000 rounds

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just went through the last of my 124 grain 9mm NATO ammo and need some more. My old source is out.

115 grain ammo doesn't swing the plates on my dueling tree very well. Does anybody recommend a 147 grain brand? I'm looking to buy 3000 rounds
    Post in thread '**Get Your Ammo Here----2nd Edition**' https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/get-your-ammo-here-2nd-edition.473278/post-9445810

Post in thread '**Get Your Ammo Here----2nd Edition**' https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/get-your-ammo-here-2nd-edition.473278/post-9439989

$259 free shipping.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Blazer Brass direct from CCI, free shipping on orders over $99.

124 grain 22 cents per round

147 grain 25 cents per round

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I just bought some 124 gr Scorpio ammo from aeammo. I'll try it against the dueling tree tomorrow and see how it works.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That's definitely over the top. I'll not order from them again nor will I be posting anything from them. Until they change their policy I'm done with BHO.
    I unsubscribed from their mailings and I don't know if they read the "reason's why" when you do that but I left a note that I won't be purchasing due to their shipping requirements.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County

Unless I'm missing something, those appear to be 50rd boxes for those prices, so actually quite expensive, comparatively.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI

Not very good at math?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$226 free shipping

Top Bottom