• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Actually the gen 5 is totally new, almost no interchangeable parts with the earlier ones
    The gen 5 is a gen 2 with Ambi slide release and rail or a gen 4 without finger gloves and a Ambi slide release depending on how you look at it.
    Not exactly a totally new model. Alot if parts will interchange with some work on some parts.
    Now Glocks newest model is the G47, modified 17 upper with a 45 lower.
    When other gun companies come out with a new model it's a new model, not a mix and match of their current stock.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The gen 5 is a gen 2 with Ambi slide release and rail or a gen 4 without finger gloves and a Ambi slide release depending on how you look at it.
    Not exactly a totally new model. Alot if parts will interchange with some work on some parts.
    Now Glocks newest model is the G47, modified 17 upper with a 45 lower.
    When other gun companies come out with a new model it's a new model, not a mix and match of their current stock.
    I would say you can't buy the 47, unless it's been released for sale. I've been focusing on work and family, and haven't been playing with my toys lately.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I would say you can't buy the 47, unless it's been released for sale. I've been focusing on work and family, and haven't been playing with my toys lately.
    Glock also says they won't release a model to the public and then later do, the 21sf RTF2 and 17m are two examples.
    The 47 will be available to the public this year.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    He likes the texture, front serrations, better coating. He doesn't like the gap in front of the slide release. He says the trigger and grip are better. Likes the mos. Ran like a sewing machine. It goes home when you put the mag in, which I like but he doesn't.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    He likes the texture, front serrations, better coating. He doesn't like the gap in front of the slide release. He says the trigger and grip are better. Likes the mos. Ran like a sewing machine. It goes home when you put the mag in, which I like but he doesn't.
    Thank you.

Edit:
    The biggest problem I had with the Glock 20sf was the finger ridges. My fingers are bigger than whomever they modeled theirs from and shooting full power 10mm got irritating.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    No back strap which he liked. I wish it did to adjust trigger reach. My fish gills have rtf2 and they're rough. -2 for grips.

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead

I liked my 20sf enough, absolutely hated the finger irratators. A Gen 5 without them would be tempting. I'd definitely invest in a better barrel though, unless Glock has really improved case support in the Gen 5 if it's really coming out that is. I'm sure the MOS should come out the same time. It would definitely be a hunting pistol and a red dot sight installed.

The SF and Gen4 G20 work well for me. I might be. Looking for a slide with rmr cut for them to add rds. This is better than using a plate to add an rds in an mos gun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The SF and Gen4 G20 work well for me. I might be. Looking for a slide with rmr cut for them to add rds. This is better than using a plate to add an rds in an mos gun.
    My hands and fingers are big as in XXL hands. The finger groves on the majority of handgun grips are in the wrong place for me. The middle of my fingers rode at the peeks of the groves and that is very irritating when shooting full power 10mm ammunition.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I want the gen 5. I don't want the grip rash. If I get one I'll have the texture doctored up. That aggressive texture and jackhammer gun, ouch. So that's my work around, have it sanded off.

I mean, did they actually put some rounds through it without gloves on.

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    My hands and fingers are big as in XXL hands. The finger groves on the majority of handgun grips are in the wrong place for me. The middle of my fingers rode at the peeks of the groves and that is very irritating when shooting full power 10mm ammunition.
    In your case it makes sense to get a Gen5.

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    I want the gen 5. I don't want the grip rash. If I get one I'll have the texture doctored up. That aggressive texture and jackhammer gun, ouch. So that's my work around, have it sanded off.
    Instead of sanding the rifle texture off consider putting a rubbery grip tape like those from Talon grip. It gives good grip while protecting your hand from the rough grip texture of the frame.

Top Bottom