• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I liked my 20sf enough, absolutely hated the finger irratators. A Gen 5 without them would be tempting. I'd definitely invest in a better barrel though, unless Glock has really improved case support in the Gen 5 if it's really coming out that is. I'm sure the MOS should come out the same time. It would definitely be a hunting pistol and a red dot sight installed.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I had one of the first gen 5's. Yes the barrel sucked. I believe I posted that they quietly changed it without acknowledging there was a problem.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Also, my BIL carried the government model for IMPD evaluation and, it sucked. And the suck carried over to the gen5 press pistols.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Cmon Glock 21!!!
    Since I built at Gen 4 Glock 21 (stainless slide and barrel with 24# recoil spring) to handle .45 Super loads (200 grain cast load going 1350 fps + delivering 700# of kinetic energy), I haven't really considered anything else for a field carry pistol. A Gen 5 version would be awesome!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Also, my BIL carried the government model for IMPD evaluation and, it sucked. And the suck carried over to the gen5 press pistols.
    What's a press pistol? Didn't know glock made a "government model". Are referring to the 17M? How did it suck? Wouldn't print groups? Cases bulged?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    17m, it had some issues. Maybe the same problems I had. I had a tight barrel IIRC. I got my 17gen5 from someone that did a review on it.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I been looking back at old posts. All I got so far, it was the trial's gun, 23 parts. From memory, most parts on the gen 5 aren't interchangeable to earlier gens. Yes it had some problems, everything was new. Rumor mill is these were worked out in house and I wouldn't be afraid to buy a gen 5. This gun came out years ago, the gen 5, and I don't recall every issue. I wasn't happy with mine. They wouldn't keep making them without working out the bugs.

Top Bottom