Gemtech Oasis soon to be mine, all mine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I finally had an opportunity to shoot my new suppressor on Sunday at Eagle Creek.

Before the range opened I went to the admin trailer and broke a Ruger 22/45 down and put the suppressor/gun on. Well, I tried to put it on, but thankfully James, a RO at Eagle Creek, was there to lend a hand. He put a Ruger .22 pistol together without profanity--an amazine feat in itself.:D

I only brought a hundred rounds of standard velocity which we burned though very quickly I tried Big Craig's trick and can report that it does work. Nice trick to know.

We then shot (well, I shot most of it) up 550 rounds of Federal high velocity. Someone, I don't know who, forgot to lube pistol after putting the suppressor on the frame. The pistol seems sensitive to being lubed. If I did not apply lube, the pistol failed to extract.

It was always the second round (the first round in the mag). I was convinced it had to do something with the trigger as I changed my usual trigger stroke (coming all the way off the trigger, instead of riding to reset, between shots prevented malfunctions).

Any guesses as to the problem? Teething problems? Shoot it more? Just shoot it more and clean and lube the devil out of it?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Kirk, it will break in with use, however, I run my 22/45 pretty dry. If it continues to have issues, tear it down and give it a good cleaning and use one of the wonder lubes on the bolt.

To add:

I am glad you tried the "thumb on the bolt" trick, it is a very usefull trick to know.;)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Shot it Saturday at Pop's as Eagle Creek was closed because of Eric's funeral.

Pistol ran flawlessly with CCI, but did experience one dud with CCI standard velocity. Pistol loves Remington .22 (green box with blue label) and loathes Winchester T22 which turned pistol into manually operated weapon.

Now I know what ammo to shop for.:)

Top Bottom