• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    It is their business to do what they think is best. While it sucks, I am sure many gunowners will discontinue to do business with them.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    May they go bankrupt quietly.

Fat chance. Our government would declare them too big to fail and we, the taxpayers, would foot the bill for their fiscal irresponsibility. All the while, the top executives would be getting tens of millions of dollars in bonuses.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    GE Capital is the bank for Bud's Gunshop credit cards. I wonder if they'll pull the plug on that too.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Well, the market didn't go away so I guess they're just losing money. Somebody will be along and snatch it up.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, that's a GOOD thing, isn't it?

More business for those lenders that ARE gun-friendly.

At least NOW ya know who's side GE Capital is on. Pro-gun folks should start getting rid of any vestige of GEC in their life. Refinance, get rid of GEC credit cards, etc.

mbafta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Warrick Co.
    Since GE Capital is the bank behind a lot of store credit cards like Dick's, Lowe's, etc. I'm sure all of us have made a "donation" to them at some point...:xmad:

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I had no idea you could get a loan for a gun. That ranks right up there with payday lending, rent to own furniture, and lottery tickets. Good for them for getting out of the business of scamming people who can't do math.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I had no idea you could get a loan for a gun. That ranks right up there with payday lending, rent to own furniture, and lottery tickets. Good for them for getting out of the business of scamming people who can't do math.

I would imagine the "loans" are business loans.

GE has had this department for many years - If a gun shop like Buds wants to purchase 50 AR's at $700/each that's $35 Grand. GE (and many other banking organizations) will loan the business money (Capital) to make the investment in inventory.

It would not be unusual for a small / medium size gun shop to have a quarter to half million invested in inventory. Many have much more, few have the liquid cash to pay for that much stock. Don't know if any of the distributors or manufactures do any consignment deals or not.

By the way it is quite easy for most to get a "loan" to purchase a gun - It's called a credit card - some probably pay as much in interest as the gun cost before it's paid off!

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    You guys know GE is in bed with Obama right? An ex VP of GE was one of obama's advisor's, the same year the paid NO TAXES. Guys, its all corrupt, it is literally US against THEM. i hope this country splits in half, liberals live on one side, every else on the other, we actually have stuff and they all go broke and......well you get the point

Top Bottom