• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I was in Gander outdoors in Fort Wayne yesterday and was blown away by some of the prices, I found hollow point 9mm for 14.99 per box, the guns themselves were very reasonable, I bought 6 boxes of Jessie James hollow point ammo, I didn't know he endorsed ammo? Either way the deals in that place are worth the stop, I will be buying my ammo from them from now on for sure! I recommend checking them out at least once:twocents:

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    I travel to Ft Wayne every few weeks and have thought of making the stop but hadn’t gotten around to it. Intrigued enough to make sure I schedule some time the next travel date.

Someone had had told me this was an “abbreviated” or smaller Gander. What was your thoughts compared to other Gander stores?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just saw that place the other day - what got me looking was the large flag that they didn't lower to half staff as it was ordered. :n00b:

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I travel to Ft Wayne every few weeks and have thought of making the stop but hadn’t gotten around to it. Intrigued enough to make sure I schedule some time the next travel date.

Someone had had told me this was an “abbreviated” or smaller Gander. What was your thoughts compared to other Gander stores?
    It has a similar lay out, but I think they realized they were way too expensive, Gander outdoor is very well priced, very consumer friendly :ingo:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I just saw that place the other day - what got me looking was the large flag that they didn't lower to half staff as it was ordered. :n00b:

Presidential orders to lower the flag for specific events don't necessarily apply to private citizens and businesses. It applies "at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions" and "at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations."

Private citizens and businesses can lower the flag or not. I don't like the current trend of dropping the flag for whatever was in the news, at the current rate you could just leave it there and kids can start to ask why the flag poles are so tall if we're not going to use them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Presidential orders to lower the flag for specific events don't necessarily apply to private citizens and businesses. It applies "at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions" and "at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations." Private citizens and businesses can lower the flag or not.
    Really? So you can just decide how you want to fly it? It's not wrong that my neighbor's flag was at half staff for days when no other flag was? (no confrontation here, just honest questions)

If that's true, my CDO would be soothed.
    I don't like the current trend of dropping the flag for whatever was in the news, at the current rate you could just leave it there and kids can start to ask why the flag poles are so tall if we're not going to use them.
    TOTALLY with you there.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Really? So you can just decide how you want to fly it? It's not wrong that my neighbor's flag was at half staff for days when no other flag was? (no confrontation here, just honest questions)

The flag code is more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules.

What your neighbor does may or may not be right but there's nothing to enforce it. It's the reason it's still legal to fly it upside down, burn it, wear it like a cape or cut it up into a shirt.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I was in Gander outdoors in Fort Wayne yesterday and was blown away by some of the prices, I found hollow point 9mm for 14.99 per box, the guns themselves were very reasonable, I bought 6 boxes of Jessie James hollow point ammo, I didn't know he endorsed ammo? Either way the deals in that place are worth the stop, I will be buying my ammo from them from now on for sure! I recommend checking them out at least once:twocents:

Was that the actual price or the price for their club members? I was seeing all sorts of posted things in their store about joining their savings club for $35 a year (or something similarly ridiculous).

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The CEO of Camping World made it perfectly clear he doesn't want my business. They'll never get a dime from me.

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    The CEO of Camping World made it perfectly clear he doesn't want my business. They'll never get a dime from me.

Can you further explain? I had heard about “Camping World” but wasn’t sure if this Cabela store replaced that one, or vice versa...or something else.

I have heard locals discuss the story to some extent...

Details?

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Was that the actual price or the price for their club members? I was seeing all sorts of posted things in their store about joining their savings club for $35 a year (or something similarly ridiculous).

10% discount if you are a Good Sam member. Membership gets you 10% off at Good Sam campgrounds, 2-5 cents per gallon off @ pilot & flying J stations, plus discounts @ camping world stores, and discounted roadside assistance. Not bad benefits.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Can you further explain? I had heard about “Camping World” but wasn’t sure if this Cabela store replaced that one, or vice versa...or something else.

Details?
    He made it clear Trump supporters were not welcome in his stores.
    Primer and powder supplies suck. Two months with no restock.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Did you all get constantly bombarded by sales people virtually telling you to join their buyers club? My last two trips (yes I admit to giving them a second chance) I was asked many times if I want to join and enjoy discounts. I replied to one person: Gee I don’t have to join any buyers club at online dealers to beat your firearms prices every time. The sales person had no answer and walked away. What can I say!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    fair enough, I guess I would pass up good prices for a grudge
    Just as good if not better prices can be had anywhere. Not worth doing business with a crooked company. I still haven't done business with Cheaper than Dirt and I have never done business with dicks. I also won't be buying anyhing new from Springfield or Rock River.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County

Details?

Camping World bought Gander Mtn. In the process of buying it or before the transaction happened, the CEO of Camping World mouthed off and said he didn’t want Trump supporters business at CW. Cabela’s is not part of CW or Gander Outdoors

Top Bottom