• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I know people don't like them, but GM Greenwood has CVA Optima Magnums in 50 caliber with stainless, fluted barrel, 20 295 gn. powerbelts H.P., cleaner, patches, starter. the whole works for $229 right now. I believe they are mis marked, but just thought I would pass the info along. They have the fiber optic sights, so..........the cheapest I could find them anywhere else was $289 and that did not include shipping.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Every once in a while you can find a good deal there, just like anywhere. I picked up my last frontloader at Rural King for a song, turns out the price was so low because it was a discontinued model, but it was brand new, and nearly half the cost of the replacement model.

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    My only beef with Gander Mountain is their prices but I will still shop there on occasion. What is it that others dislike about their stores?

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I was just at the Greenwood GM this past Friday AM to pick up a Ruger 77/17 w/ walnut stock. They were the ONLY GM that had one in stock and I have to say I guess I do not see what the dislike for them is? I had a great experience there. Although I will say this was only my second visit to the store and maybe if I lived closer like many fellow INGO'ers and was able to frequent this store on a regular basis I may see things differently?:twocents:

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    l think its the people who want to support the smaller locally owned stores. Nothing wrong with that, but for me GM is a one stop shop for many people. They have the largest selection of rifles and handguns I have seen. Plus its a good place to waste some time.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    l think its the people who want to support the smaller locally owned stores. Nothing wrong with that, but for me GM is a one stop shop for many people. They have the largest selection of rifles and handguns I have seen. Plus its a good place to waste some time.

I agree. I always try my LGS first as I want to support the small business owner. Thing is... my LGS tried ALL of her vendors and could not get me a Ruger 77/17 with walnut stock. Not even on back order. So I called GM. The Ruger 77/17 in walnut stock must be popular because I called all the GM's north then south and only Greenwood had one and ONLY one. It in my gun safe now.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    Gander is a good place to go and look and handle a firearm but they are too expensive to buy from usually. A couple months ago when I was looking at a Ruger SR1911 Commander they wanted $799.00 and Indy Trading Post had it for $689.00. Any new ones are just too expensive there but I see people buying I guess some people just don't know they can get it cheaper elsewhere.

bart2278

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I purchased a sig P250 sub compact for $300 two years ago at GM. That seemed to be a good price for it.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    GM is always too high on guns. When I was shopping for a Ruger 77/44, GM Greenwood had three used 77/44s at prices higher than Bradis had on new 77/44s!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Most of their prices are high, but once in a while you do find something priced well. I picked up a brand new 10/22 there a couple of years back for $225. On the other hand, I have seen some pretty silly prices there too. I do like buying shirts there though.

dmonsche

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    I get the wanting to support local and if more local shops were like Beech Grove I'd be all about supporting them. I've noticed that employees in a lot of local shops seem like they don't give a ****. I've been to quite a few around town and BGF is the only one that I didn't feel like I was being talked down to and inconveniencing them.

rcox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Jackson County
    Wow that is good to know. Never shot a muzzle loader, don't know anything about it, but I have been advised that the CVA is the one to go to. I m checking them out. Still have 2 tags to fill.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I get the wanting to support local and if more local shops were like Beech Grove I'd be all about supporting them. I've noticed that employees in a lot of local shops seem like they don't give a ****. I've been to quite a few around town and BGF is the only one that I didn't feel like I was being talked down to and inconveniencing them.
    I agree, feel that way as well. You have to take commission out of the equation, if you do that then there will be no more problems. Every time I've been to BGF they have been more than willing to talk and answer and not push. Not a lot of other places like that.

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    Went to gander mountain in castleton and stood around for a while trying to get someone to help me in accessories. I almost left and a lady passing through helped me probably will not return. Greenwood seemed to have good customer service last time I visited.

Top Bottom