• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I finally took my Bersa Thunder 380 Deluxe to Gander Mountain for warranty repair. It's been stove-piping 1-2 rounds per mag. Same with 3 different shooters.

Here's the back story: In November I called Gander Mountain to verify they did warranty work for Bersa. The gunsmith at the Greenwood store said he would not work on them, then told me a couple of reasons why he wouldn't; Bersa doesn't pay on time and he gets way too many Bersa's returned. :dunno:
    So... I called Bersa (Eagle Imports) and talked to a lady that was pretty upset by what I was told by the gunsmith. She insisted that they pay their debts and they make a quality gun. She told me to take my gun to GM and if the guy had any problem, have him call her while I'm there.

Back to my story... Finally, on Jan 1, I took my gun to Brian at GM Greenwood and let him know that it was stove-piping rounds and this was warranty work. He said he wouldn't do the work but would ship it to Kenosha, WI store (main gunsmith? headquarters?) for me, so I agreed. He never mentioned any fees or shipping cost and I didn't ask because it was warranty work. After almost 3 weeks, I called the Kenosha store to check on the gun and was told it was about to be shipped back. I asked what was wrong with it and the guy said the work order stated the gun was in good working order and they tested it with 4 different types of ammo. He then said I should have it by Friday the 21st. So Wednesday night the 26th, 1/2 hour before closing, Brian calls and said my gun was ready for pickup. I hurried to the store and was greeted at the gun counter with, "Brian has gone home." The guy behind the counter gave me a bill for $52!! :xmad: I asked why I was being billed for warranty work and the guy said they charge $40 to handle the gun and did me a favor by paying for the shipping. There was also a $2.99 charge per bullet for the 4 bullets they test fired. 4 BULLETS?? :n00b: Well after a bit of discussion, I reluctantly paid and left with my gun. The next day I called Bersa and the lady was p1$$3d! She couldn't believe GM would do that, then stated that GM will likely send Bersa a bill for the warranty work they did. Double billing!! She said they will reimburse me for the charges and pay for a 'real' gunsmith to fix my gun. I faxed over my receipt and she is sending a check.

Kind of at odds with myself here. Bersa is a stand up company to me for taking care of business but, they did let a gun with issues get out to the marketplace.

Gander Mountain -1 I will never give another dime to that company. Enjoy that $52, you jerks!

Bersa +1 for doing the right thing. But, will think hard about buying another Bersa gun.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    The only thing I use GM for is looking at rifles, because they have them all out to check out. I've never spent a dime in the store. +1 for Bersa making it right.

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    Wait did you buy the gun there. If you did then it would have been no charge. If not that's why there was a fee. I have worked with the Greenwood gunsmith before and he seemed on the up and up unless he was replaced. I worked there so I know Ganders policies are screwy at times.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    wow that stinks they would do that to you i have never had a problem with them, but i have only bought one gun there. and i buy my 223 when they have there special

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Wooohooo another GM bashing thread............in:rockwoot:

no offense OP but you kinda get what you pay for.

I actually have never owned a bersa, but I think they have gotten a bad rep somewhere. I loved the model 85 I shot awhile back, better quality than walther IMHO.

BTW, +1 to Bersa for the customer service. With a blowback .380, stove piping could be weak ammo, bad extractor, worn springs, user error, etc.....

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    GM didn't let me know about ANY cost up front. The gunsmith that checked the gun fired only 4 rounds through it. 4 bullets!!! I'll bet they loaded each round manually too. Then charged me $3 per bullet! Gander Mountain screwed me on this one. I didn't buy the gun from them but they are a registered warranty center for Bersa.

Bersa isn't Hi Point... they are lower cost not bargain basement. The gun has a good feel and shoots a great grouping. When I get this issue taken care of finally, it will be a great gun to own.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    GO to their on-line store survey

I had an issue with the store in Fort Wayne while purchasing a handgun. I went back and completed an on-line store survey immediately and I had a call from the store manager within 30 minutes. Everything got resolved quickly then. Go to the GM website and fill out an unsatisfactory survey for that store and see what happens.

Top Bottom