• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    I have a G3 rifle I have not shot in awhile, I pulled it out the other day to blow the dust off and shoot it and I noticed the charging handle has extremely difficult to pull out. It works fine once you get it pulled out from it's stowed position and everything looks ok, but once it goes back into the stowed position it is very difficult to pull it back out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    Need to know who made your G3 rifle and about what year it was made. The stock cocking levers can be a pain to use ( too short ) and some of us have replaced them with a longer lever from the HK21 https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/...ING-HANDLE-FOR-G3-91-PTR-93-33-53-72p6394.htm With the bolt carrier out of the rifle, the cocking lever spring still gives a return action. Also the cocking lever moves freely in the cocking tube without the bolt carrier? Here is a assembly post about the cocking lever https://www.hkpro.com/threads/charging-handle-spring-and-support-installation.152808/
    For my roller lock rifles the switch to the HK21 cocking handle made using the cocking system easier, when you have the bolt carrier out look for ease of retraction of the lever....a little lube might help.
    Hope this helps
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Are you sure this is out of the norm? That you aren't just unfamiliar to how the rifle was before?

They are pretty stiff to break open, which is why the cocking lever cams.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    Let see I own 3 roller locked rifles, got my first in 2013 ( a PTR - 91F ), while in the Army was trained on NATO and Warsaw Pack weapons in the 82d where I shot a real G-3 in 1977 . My Vector-93 had a stiff opening action with the cocking lever that turned out to be the retaining pin backing out a little. Madam Celo's Physic phone line has no clue how your rifle was before.
    So what make is your rifle and when was it made? The HK21 cocking lever solves some of the stiffness because it's a longer lever. By checking the cocking tube freedom of movement and some the items in the "how to " install of the cocking spring is a place to start solving your problem.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    I have a PTR, so after disassembling the rifle and lubing some pieces in the cocking tube and cocking lever it did get better. I did notice if I put a dummy round in the chamber it was even better, but what really made it easy after lubing it up was having the trigger pack cocked. It has been sometime since I have shot it and maybe I have forgotten the TTP's of my rifle. I am interested in the longer cocking lever and will definitely try one out. Thank you Jump62 for the link, and you might be correct Tombs about me not remembering my rifles unique characteristics. I'll quit playing favorites and spend more time shooting diversely among my rifles.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    Camodiesel,
    Glad your rifle is playing nice now, the rolled lock rifles are like the old 2-stroke Saabs of the 60s, they are " different ". I'm waiting for 7.62 x 51s price to come down so I can shoot more. Wish PTR could surprise us with a PTR-93 made from PTR made parts, Santa is tired of hearing me ask for one on my Xmas list.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Top Bottom