• ...and so much more!
  • COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Glocks are extremely reliable and you should be able to feed them every thing. However, like all mass assembled items there can also be a lemon. Not saying this is your situation, but clean and lube that piece and test again. Good luck sir.

BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    Always always read the manual and take apart and clean any new gun. Manufactures have a tendency to put metal protection solvents on versus gun running lube.
    You could get a 1911 as suggested then do the same thing but also put the mandatory 500 rounds through it to "break it in". CZ is fine if it fits your hand.
    Other than that, I'd be willing to take that P.O.S. off your hand for $50 :whistle:
    I'd say thanks for your help but you were none. I do appreciate the opinion though.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'd say thanks for your help but you were none. I do appreciate the opinion though.
    I handle new guns as part of my job. Most come without proper lube. Suggesting the cleaning etc was off of what you had said about you NOT cleaning it. Don't see how that wasn't a hint to help.
    The rest was levity. Lighten up

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It will not go into battery, it stops short then I have to give some force to open it back up to eject round. 115 Blazer Hollow Point. The round doesn't show like it's jamming on a certain point or anything.
    Take the barrel out and do a plunk test. You may have an out of spec chamber if those same rounds fit in the Gen 4. The bullets OAL looks long in the pic, but that could just be an illusion. Make sure to visually check the chamber also to make sure it's clean and clear.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    It will not go into battery, it stops short then I have to give some force to open it back up to eject round. 115 Blazer Hollow Point. The round doesn't show like it's jamming on a certain point or anything.

Do you remember where that ammo came from? Does it ever say on the box that it should be hollow points, or only FMJ's? I'm digging the internet and not able to find CCI Blazer 9mm 115g HP's.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Good catch, I didn't even notice the box was Blazer FMJ.

The fact that I reload 5,000-10,000 rounds a year does not make me a professional on this topic, but that round just doesn't look right. If that is a 115g, I would expect it to be close enough to the end of the case, a guy might be able to almost pull that bullet out by hand.

Not the OP's fault, but something is fishy here...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The fact that I reload 5,000-10,000 rounds a year does not make me a professional on this topic, but that round just doesn't look right. If that is a 115g, I would expect it to be close enough to the end of the case, a guy might be able to almost pull that bullet out by hand.

Not the OP's fault, but something is fishy here...
    I was going to say the same thing. Thats the longest 115 Ive ever seen.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Take the barrel out and drop a round into the chamber to see how it fits.

This^^^

Take the barrel out of the gun and do a plunk test...drop the cartridge into the barrel and see if it spins freely with a little pressure on it.

The HP you show has a truncated cone shape instead of a rounded ogive and will hit the throat/lands sooner than one with a more rounded shape. It also does not look to be seated deep enough for that style bullet.

Fed HST's of all weights run fine in my gen 5 barrels.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My Gen 5 G19 hasn't had any issue at all when not suppressed.

Suppressed - sometimes a dirty booster/spring will cause malfs.

I admit that I've not shot any Blazer Brass JHP through mine, however. (but only because such a thing doesn't exist)

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    Another thought - though I'm still inclined to think this is out of spec ammo. You said you "pulled back on the slide and let it go forward." Try loading by locking the slide to the rear, inserting a loaded magazine, and releasing the slide using the slide release lever. Slingshotting and "riding" the slide even a little can cause the slide to be hesitant to properly seat - especially on a tight new pistol with no lube.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I've not taken apart and cleaned it at all. Just assumed a brand new gun would fire all. I will do that though. Thanks
    Why do folks do this? Every owners manual I've ever read, the first thing it says is to clean it to remove the factory corrosion inhibitors from it then lubricate all contacting parts. Those anti-corrosion compounds are not really lubricants.

There is usually even a sheet inserted in the case that says the same thing,

EDIT: Just saw this after posting, yes
    I handle new guns as part of my job. Most come without proper lube. Suggesting the cleaning etc was off of what you hand said about you NOT cleaning it. Don't see how that wasn't a hint to help.
    The rest was levity. Lighten up

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Why do folks do this? Every owners manual I've ever read, the first thing it says is to clean it to remove the factory corrosion inhibitors from it then lubricate all contacting parts. Those anti-corrosion compounds are not really lubricants.

There is usually even a sheet inserted in the case that says the same thing,

EDIT: Just saw this after posting, yes
    If you have ever read a Glock manual it tells you it is actually a lubricant and to leave it in place.

They tell you to run a patch through the barrel.

IMG_20220311_142039_119~2.jpg

Top Bottom