• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Sometimes I read things on here that bother me. When I feel like it I speak my mind. The rest of the time I just find another thread to read because it's my choice. I'm not forced to come here. I'm not entitled to say anything I want. It's not my place. Whatever I disagree with won't ever be enough to push me away from the gun talk and good people I like to talk to daily. I've tried two other gun forums and couldn't stand either one.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana

Similar to numerous other threads, it's now just a goofing around thread.

I will miss Dave's posts, I can't remember any I disagreed with, & fully understand & agree with him on this post.

There is a growing evil in this world, ignoring it will not make it go away, I'll leave it to you to ASSume as you will. **reported**.

I try & fail to not read the "ban hammer likely" threads, similar to FB political posts, I'm likely (99.9999999999999%) not going to change somebodies opinion, via a post about facts. My Gelatin, we the people voted the JAOTUS 2x into office, & I see numerous FB posts supporting "The Bhengazi B%#^h" as our next JAOTUS, sigh.......

Blessings Dave, may you enjoy all your days & may they be full of love, family, & friends.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Indydave, I'll miss your insight. I hope you change your mind, INGO is like a family, strange, dysfunctional, and not without flaws. I don't agree with the PCness that has swept the the board, this is part of the reason I hide in the break room most days. I wish you and yours the best, and check in from time to time.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Dave, I have enjoyed reading your posts and have learned much from them. Only a few times have I disagreed with you, but you always presented things in an intelligent and well spoken manner. It will be strange here without your posts, and it's sad to see you go. Sometimes it's best to move on, hopefully at some time you'll come back, if not no hard feelings.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :ingo:has changed since I joined. It is not the free-wheeling shoot-from-the-hip, "call it as I see it," "let the chips lie where they fall" forum I joined. Speak your mind and you get infractions. The subjects I most enjoy discussing are now verboten with or without papers. So I rarely comment on things. I use the forum just to learn about guns. Thus, the community that was formed initially no longer exits. It has been banished into silence. JMHO.

Many here have formed friendships, and these are evident by the interactions between them. But with the ability to dialog about current events, varying world views, political perspectives, it seems extremely difficult to form such friendships now. One cannot speak/write clearly and precisely because of the limitations placed on topics and expressions. Thus, no longer any reason to wear the INGO gear, purchase its swag, or even promote it. I also no longer see any reason for the 50-post minimum before one can use the classifieds or send PMs. There is no longer any community to protect. Might just as well go the gunbroker route and let folks sign up and bid, or buy. Again, JMHO.

So why do I hang around? Well, occasionally I will venture to comment on something, as in this case. Rare, now, but I do comment occasionally. I stay primarily to learn about guns. I guess that is what Fenway and the advertisers want. Fine. Their house; their rules. I have learned a great deal here, and am still learning. It is just not fun any more. I just use it like the library—come when I need to do some research and get out ASAP, most of the time.

IndyDave described the situation well, I think. It was fun while it lasted.

Top Bottom