• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tony Lama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Has any members ever been to Front Site for the Defensive Handun training? Have certificate for the 2 day course. Just wondering what the experience was like and offer any advice before going.

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    From what I hear it is a great training, been wanting to go myself, a bit too far and too pricey for me right now though. Please post how it went when you have completed the training.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Never been, and never will. Evil Lord Xenu :nuts: might eat my head or something, so I'll stay "Clear"(*) of the place. The idea of possibly being on a firing line in which Tom Cruise is holding a real firearm makes me afraid...VERY afraid :nailbite: .

* Quote from the link:
    "Piazza reiterated that both Front Sight and the Ambassador program have "no connection or affiliation with ANY religious organization and never will." But then in a disturbing twist, Piazza admitted to becoming "Clear" in 1998. (He then incoherently said "so I guess that makes me a 'Clear Catholic!'" -- as if Scientology and Catholicism are at all compatible.)"

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have heard mostly bad stuff about this on other forums.... do a google search and i think you will find what i am talking about.... that said, if you already have the certificates.... go ahead and go... whats the WORST that could happen... you DONT learn something? trigger time is trigger time.

Tony Lama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Who cares about his relegious beleifs?

Never been, and never will. Evil Lord Xenu :nuts: might eat my head or something, so I'll stay "Clear"(*) of the place. The idea of possibly being on a firing line in which Tom Cruise is holding a real firearm makes me afraid...VERY afraid :nailbite: .
    Could care less what beleifs the founder has off the firring line! Have reserched online and know about lawsuit. What he beleives does not reflect his staff or instructors. This was only made public after a dispute with intructor who was fired. The flames were fanned by the clash action suit by 1st family members in the land development deal done bad in Las Vegas. As long as the man isnt a muslim, I dont care what what he beleives. Hey it could be worse, He could be a Demacrat!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    It was discussed here not too long ago.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/28045-front_site_training.html

whats the WORST that could happen... you DONT learn something?

Nope. The worst is that you learn bad skills/tactics. Yeah, you can simply discard them from your "toolbox" if you so choose, but you've still wasted your time, effort and money by going out there.

Even their FREE Submachine Gun course isn't enough to get me out there...

Last edited:

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Front Sight assets seized

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]At 11 a.m. Monday, Front Sight Firearms Training Institute and its president, Ignatius Piazza, went into receivership.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]All financial transactions involving the firearms training facility -- from accepting payment for classes to paying staff and vendors -- must take place through a court-appointed administrator.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The facility and all assets have been seized by the court, down to the hundreds of firearms included as part of new members' benefits.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]However, despite the ruling, this weekend at Front Sight everything was "business as usual," according to Operations Manager Rick Morello.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]He said he knew nothing about the legal proceedings. "We have a big weekend coming up with a full schedule of classes," Morello said. "Business is booming." [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The ruling, handed down by U.S. District Judge James Ware in San Jose, Calif., had its beginning in November 2005 when Stacy James, Bill Haag and Michael Schriber filed a class action suit against Piazza on behalf of themselves and other qualified Front Sight members. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The suit mentions "violations of RICO, unfair advertising and competition, Nevada Sale of Subdivided Land Act, fraudulent conveyances, Consumer Legal Remedies Act, Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act, breach of contract and fraud," all based on Piazza's sale of lifetime memberships.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]RICO is the acronym for the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, originally used to target the Mafia and similar organizations.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]SOURCE: [/FONT]http://www.pahrumpvalleytimes.com/2009/May-15-Fri-2009/news/28773367.html

ARGarrison

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Indiana, of course
    I was out there March 17 2000, for there Free Submachine gun class. All I had to do was sign up and then get myself out to Nevada and then to the range. Like I said this was the Free SMG class. Well nothing is free and there was a sales pitch after it, but they weren't requiring anyone to sit through it.

The range was bare bones basic back then. The berms were pushed up, the class room was a large greenhouse type tent, porta-johns and stand alone hand washers filled in for plumbing. Seems there was still heavy equipment parked here and there around the place.

They had just switched for the Cobray mac-10s to the Uzis when I was there. They divided the group into two one for each range then divided them again at the range into two lines, so one line could be loading and the other firing. They took baby steps from single shot working up to diferent drills. Instructors were right at 1 to 3 students. They done the best thay could with some. I did learn somethings, most was a rehash.

Worst thing that happened while I was there was one older gentlemen, while shooting full auto, zipped from the target right up to where he was firing over the berm. Good thing they wanted no more than 20 rounds loaded when we went to the line.

Wasn't bad, wasn't great, but it was free. They didn't have the time to go much beyond the surface. Got my hands on an uzi, used there ammunition, and even got feed pizza if I stayed and listened to their sales pitch. :twocents:

Advice.
    Bring sun screen and chap stick. Prepare for any weather conditions. The morning I was there was down right cold glad i had my flight jacket with me. Some guys from over in California drove in and wore only T-shirts thinking the desert is hot.

I stayed at the Silverton hotel on Blue Diamond Road south of Las Vegas, but that was a drive up Blue Diamond before turning off onto the road that leads to Frontsite's drive. Back then anything off of Blue Diamond was gravel. Pahrump is closer and has hotels and even a Walmart. Talk is this walmart does the most ammunition sales of any walmart because students buy ammunition here. Some even call ahead and have it held for their class. Don't know if they will still do that or not now.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom