From the back of the gun safe, The Colt with no name.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • macolesby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2022
    Terre Haute
    So, I'm a collector of oddities not just in guns, but in several areas, Car's, knives, whiskey, crazy ex girlfriends, etc. But guns have always been one of the biggest passions, I mean isn't that why we're all here? This one here though on this posting of, "From the back of the gun safe" Isn't exactly an oddity as they aren't unicorns for the most part, but it isn't something you just walk into a shop and see every day.

Today's gun is a Colt with no name, also known for being the last semi-auto pistol Colt released. For the first few hundred of these and the initial advertisements this was the Colt Cadet. It's almost a modern (Circa 1990's) version of the Colt Woodsman with a striker fired mechanism and similar in shape to the old hi-standard pistols. the grip feels more like a nintendo blaster (Something all of us 80's and 90's kids can enjoy) and the heavy barrel leaves a really good balance to the gun. Two versions were available. The version you see here and a target model with a longer barrel which included a picc rail on it to mount a red dot on it, even though we were still in the early days of dots, and they weighed almost as much as the gun.

So, why doesn't this have a name? Well, Iver Johnson didn't like Colt calling it the Cadet apparently, so Colt just released it as the Colt Semi-22, even after advertising it for months as the Colt Cadet. The nice thing about these is when you can find them they are super affordable. I managed to pick this one up for less than 4 frowning founding fathers, and it will get it's first run this week at a bowling pin match.

So, Until I decide to pull something from the back of the safe, tell me if you think Colt should get back into the semi-auto rimfire market. Colt.jpeg

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I rarely see a woodsman for sale any more.
    I have not seen a “cadet” for sale either.
    I do see the snake guns all the time and I would call them displayed as they are for sale but the exact same ones in the exact same case travel to the shows. I have a couple diamond back 22’s.

i do see some good examples of the colt match target 22’s with two gents in Ohio who fancy 22 target pistols. Browning medalist, challengers, smith model 41’s and high standard victors all table long.
    I see some aces and the new walther colts in 22.

with the new ownership it will be some time before we see any changes in lineups. As far as the need for a striker fired 22 auto from colt I don’t see them as being able to make huge waves in the market at the price they will ask. Glock would see them all day but they would have to call it the model 77 to continue the weird model number they like.

Top Bottom