• ...and so much more!
  • ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    Youth Hunt Oppurtunity

This was kind of inspired by the free rifle giveaway Mgderf did a little while back.

I would like to give some young boy or girl who doesn't have a place to hunt or has to hunt public land a chance to hunt some good private ground .
    I'm looking to give this to someone who preferably has not hunted yet , or who has hunted but hasn't had any luck . This will be on the honors system , since I have no way of knowing who's done what . So please keep it to a youth in need .

We own approximately 350 acres in Metamora In 47030 , which is about 1 hour Southeast of Indy . We have about 14 double ladder sites and 5 elevated and enclosed shoot houses and some ground blind setups . Food plants planted every year , and try to manage the population the best we can . It should be close to a 100% OPPORTUNITY .

My requirements are :
    Age 8-15 M/F must have completed hunters ed. and be able to show card .

Must be able to supply own legal weapon archery/firearm and hunting license .

Parent/Guardian must come along with them and also sign a waiver releasing me from any liability/responsibility .

This will be a 1 DOE only hunt . If an animal is wounded and not recovered it will count as your kill . Which brings me to my next requirement .
    If you are selected , you can let me know what your maximum distance you want to shoot with the weapon you will be using . You must be able to show me when you arrive that you hit a 6'' target at that distance before the hunt . You may only shoot to your max. distance in the field .

Hunting out of ladder stand will require you to have a safety harness at all times . I do have some , but I prefer you have your own .

I will provide food , lodging up to 4 people (if desired) , processing if time permits and a great hunt .

If possible I would like the hunter or huntress to be able to arrive on the day before the youth opener which would 9/23 , maybe an hour or two before dark . That way we could get acquainted and shown around the place . Youth season is 9/24 and 9/25 .

Just post the name of the child and age and I will put them in the hat . Please only enter once per youth , but you may enter multiple youths , just one entry per person .

I will most likely draw an alternate or two in the event someone drops out or if it is jus to far to drive .

Entries can start now and will end on 8/25/2016 around 4 pm .

I will have a few other kids hunting as well , age from about 6-14 yrs. old . It should be a great time .

If you have any questions , please post them up or Pm me . I wish anyone who enters good luck and I cant wait to meet whoever gets picked !

Jim

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Awesome that your doing this. Wish my daughter was a couple years older so i could sign her up. I know it'll make some little boy or girl happy though

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I thought Youth weekend was any Deer or either sex....didn't that change a few years ago?

It did change...you can take either sex, but this is the OP's rules, which I'm guessing is based on several reasons, with one reason being...... managing his deer herd's buck to doe ratio.

This is a great offer/juster on the OP's part.....It's good to see experienced hunters getting the youth involved in hunting. :yesway:

Rep Sent!

Last edited:

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    It did change...you can take either sex, but this is the OP's rules, which I'm guessing is based on several reasons, with one reason being...... managing his deer herd's buck to doe ratio.

This is a great offer/juster on the OP's part.....It's good to see experienced hunters getting the youth involved in hunting. :yesway:

Rep Sent!
    Thanks.... I thought I remembered it changing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK fellas.
    This is a great thing and will not be muddied up with personal issues.
    OP PM'd me to put this to the staff. We all saw it as a great opportunity and will be watching it as it progresses.

Nuff said.

Carry on please.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Awesome, I just got off a Hillary/Trump facebook discussion/trainwreck and you have restored my faith in humanity. You are a true sportsman!

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Good on ya, ws6duramax.

Stuff like this rekindles my hope in humanity. Of course, maybe I just need to get even further away from the city ;)

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I'd like to enter a girl named Brittany. She is 16 so if that's a deal breaker, toss out my entry but please read on because she's not your average 16 year old.

This girl has been practicing shooting at 50yds all year and can easily hit your 6inch target. She's got her safety card already too.

She has some disabilities, so a ground blind would be best. Walking to the blind isn't the issue. She's medicated for seizures so to avoid a stand extraction of a seizing youth means she needs feet on the ground. It's very rare, but it happens.

I did not tell her guardian about this. He has too much pride to enter her himself.

She has never hunted before and is very excited to do so as is my buddy who has been working with her at the range.

I unfortunately failed to secure them a good spot this year, so hence this entry.

Thanks for doing this and if the rep system ever gets fixed, plus a gazillion for you.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    Thanks for all the kind words guys . Hopefully it works out without to much trouble . Nothing is more rewarding than watching a young hunter harvest their first deer .

Bocephus , I will most certainly put her name in and good luck .

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    While most of us in the community can't offer an experience like this, we can all chip in and help as best we can. If you can think of a way we can help out to make the experience even more memorable let us know. If the kid that is selected is possible less fortunate or disabled and needs some boots, gloves, coat...even a starter rifle I would chip in on it.

Indy_Hunter68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Greenfield
    I would like to put Neal, age 10 in the hat. Scored 89 of 100 on his hunter Ed course last year.
    Thank you for doing this. What an awesome way to share.

Top Bottom