• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here is my take on the Jury. It's just an opinion, and I know, everyone has one.....

The judge told the defense when he asked for a mistrial on the basis of Maxine Waters statements that he would not grant a mistrial, but that he said, and I quote "could lead to this whole trial being overturned". In my mind, maybe Jury said OK, lets convict, as he is most likely going to get it overturned due to Water's statements. They stave off the riots and burning and just pass the buck along. Next trial please...
    You know, I hadn't considered this angle (and I haven't seen anyone else posit it either), but that would be pretty slick as a strategy. Unfortunately though, I doubt anything meaningful is done to Waters. Members of her party are nothing if not consistent and unwavering in their lockstep support of anything any of them say.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    How could the jury find Chauvin guilty of three different charges ? Admittedly I don’t know the finer points/distinction of each of the guilty verdict offenses, but it would seem the jury would find guilty for ONE OFFENSE not three.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How could the jury find Chauvin guilty of three different charges ? Admittedly I don’t know the finer points/distinction of each of the guilty verdict offenses, but it would seem the jury would find guilty for ONE OFFENSE not three.
    Thank you for asking the question that I was too embarrassed to ask. (I wondered that too!) :):

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Because they had a gun to their head.

How else could you be found guilty of INTENTIONAL murder and UNINTENTIONAL manslaughter at the same time.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    You know, I hadn't considered this angle (and I haven't seen anyone else posit it either), but that would be pretty slick as a strategy. Unfortunately though, I doubt anything meaningful is done to Waters. Members of her party are nothing if not consistent and unwavering in their lockstep support of anything any of them say.
    Though I think Waters should have to pay, I don't think she will. My opinion is that the Jury, not wanting in their conscience to have to deal with the repercussions of an acquittal, literally kicked the can down the road. As the judge had already stated they had a case for overturning the judgement, they decided not to be the scapegoats. Let it be someone else's problem.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Ya’ll need to step away from the computer before you bust a blood vessel.

A man was wrongly convicted of murder because half of the country wanted to see him hang regardless of what the facts showed. Literally the ONLY reason it was a national story at all is because his “victim” was black. That doesn’t strike you as the wrong direction for our country?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Though I think Waters should have to pay, I don't think she will. My opinion is that the Jury, not wanting in their conscience to have to deal with the repercussions of an acquittal, literally kicked the can down the road. As the judge had already stated they had a case for overturning the judgement, they decided not to be the scapegoats. Let it be someone else's problem.
    Oh right, I understood. My reply was probably less than clear though. I would agree with both the overturn and some kind of penalty for Waters, up to and including removal from office.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I feel absolutely nauseous. That ho, harris was just on television, scolding all of us, and talking down to us, and now, drunk ol` uncle joe is on the tube, doing his best to read the teleprompter and act as though he is coherent. What a saint floyd was. A junkie, counterfeiter, career criminal.
    I'm watching reruns of "Home Improvement". It makes me happy. :):

BigErnNP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Southeast Side
    I can understand a manslaughter conviction but 2nd and 3rd degree murder is simply scapegoating. Of course I didn't witness all the items the jury has, but them not being sequestered means that there is little doubt that there weren't any influences outside of facts.

I pray for LEO around the country as I couldn't do what you do and deal with.

Top Bottom