Four Arrested Following Vehicle Pursuit Shots Fired.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That can't be right..... Are you sure you didn't mean Cook county and Indiana?
    Nope. Lake County, Indiana. Just had a Chase last week that ended up crashing into a shop across the street from where I work and the runner taking an ambulance ride after being extricated. Not sure if that one made it.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Working in Gary and we have off duty cops for security. One of them caught a car thief running by the job site 2 days ago.
    Had him face down in a snow bank till the on duty guys showed up

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Working in Gary and we have off duty cops for security. One of them caught a car thief running by the job site 2 days ago.
    Had him face down in a snow bank till the on duty guys showed up
    Dirty swine! Why didn’t he invite him in for hot tea? The NERVE!!!!! The poor individual may contract frostbite from the egregious handling he received at the hands of the .gov minion. Reparations are in order!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What i don't understand is their thinking they can out run radios and 20+ law enforcement chasing them.

How many actually get away when they run like this? It can't be to many.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    What i don't understand is their thinking they can out run radios and 20+ law enforcement chasing them.

More often than you might like to think. A friend of mine was hit by a drunk driver that they called off the chase for a few years back as the chase was getting "too dangerous". Totalled his bird.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    More often than you might like to think. A friend of mine was hit by a drunk driver that they called off the chase for a few years back as the chase was getting "too dangerous". Totalled his bird.
    My youngest son a few years back was hit by a drunk driver, had witnesses they couldn't find him. Luckily my boy survived with just a broken collarbone and some bruises. I was shaken up. The Deputy told me he was at the hospital none life threatening. When I got to the scene and seen his car I was really worried. Thank God though he got very lucky. All we know is the color and that it was an suv. I spent a month driving back roads around the country. I wanted my lbs of flesh. The guy was lucky I didn't find him. I won't get into details. Anyway the boy had to fight with his insurance company car and health insurance and still ended up $8,000 in the hole.
    The jerk that hit him probably had his suv fixed and painted within a week or less is what I came to conclusion.
    20210205_024016.jpg

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county

It seems to be the thought process they use.. thugs must have some logic that we don’t understand.. or thinning out the herd?? Not sure but it’s great that no officers were not seriously injured and the uhh.. people were apprehended

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    It seems to be the thought process they use.. thugs must have some logic that we don’t understand.. or thinning out the herd?? Not sure but it’s great that no officers were not seriously injured and the uhh.. people were apprehended
    Why not take the chance they knew they would end up in jail before the day was over if they didn't get away. There was a time that they would have paid more of an immediate price for being involved in a high speed chase and shooting at officers but sadly those days are gone.
    Anyone notice a recurring theme, all males under 30.. The lack of respect and stupid is strong in this age group.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    My youngest son a few years back was hit by a drunk driver, had witnesses they couldn't find him. Luckily my boy survived with just a broken collarbone and some bruises. I was shaken up. The Deputy told me he was at the hospital none life threatening. When I got to the scene and seen his car I was really worried. Thank God though he got very lucky. All we know is the color and that it was an suv. I spent a month driving back roads around the country. I wanted my lbs of flesh. The guy was lucky I didn't find him. I won't get into details. Anyway the boy had to fight with his insurance company car and health insurance and still ended up $8,000 in the hole.
    The jerk that hit him probably had his suv fixed and painted within a week or less is what I came to conclusion.
    View attachment 124129
    I'm glad he made it out with so little damage because that looks a lot worse than what he got. I definitely understand the shell shock from seeing that. Drunk drivers are something I've never dealt with in what society might call a healthy way.

Top Bottom