Found some America Flag Grips and Had to Make a Holster to Match!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    That's quality work Harley. I've seen the red, white, and blue holsters before, but I like the discreet visual representation it provides. Wearing a old glory holster with all the colors is like carrying a chrome gun, it just pops out and catches everyone's eye.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    That looks great! I also love the subtlety. Good work. Out of curiosity, what made you decide to go stars and stripes in the opposite orientation as that of the grips?

Harley46982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    I actually did it both ways but the verticle version was shown to a few people and everyone liked this better, I do make a different design holster that works better for the orientation your describing. I'm not set in stone on how I do them so any feedback is deeply appreciated!!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Absolutely agree with you on that. I think the way you did it probably looks best.
    I think I poorly worded my question as I was trying to get at something else... I was wondering why you decided to put the stars at the rear portion instead of the leading portion of the holster to mimic the grips when the pistol is holstered.

Harley46982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    I'm right handed and when I wear it I kinda thought the flag looked more natural on my hip like it was blowing instead of reversed. Am I making sense?

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Is that a 7 inch barreled 1911? Why is the holster so much longer then the gun? Am I seeing it wrong? Not being critical just wondered.

Harley46982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    I think part of what your seeing is the lighting but that is a Wilson Combat 10MM with a single port comp on it so the holster is about an inch longer than my normal ones.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom