• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I REALLY like the Magpul handstop kits. It's a bit bigger than the normal hand stops and really gives a good hook to pull the rifle into your shoulder. It's big enough to hook onto barricades and push against as well. I like them enough that I put them on all 3 of my ARs.

zx7rcatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Madison area
    I have been using the BCM gunfighter short vertical grip. love it. has just enough angle to it for me , and isn't long enough to snag on everything

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The vertical grip is a work around for when you have things on the quad rail that would otherwise interfere with your grip. It's not better for shooting, but it's "tactical" so folks who didn't understand the "why" behind it have adopted it needlessly. The angled foregrip allows the standard grip but with less pressure on your wrists. For a long day at the range, that matters to a lot of us. Hand stops let you use the standard grip while promoting consistency. In terms of pure shooting performance (assuming your wrists aren't jacked up) they are probably the best. That said, the differences are relatively minor and most of us won't see any big differences that matter for what we're doing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here's a shocker, none of the above.

Follow the Stripper Doctrine: 'tis better to take off than to put on.

Follow the Freeman Doctrine: ditch the Cargo Cult nonsense and let John Frum slip into history; do the opposite of what is popular and you will do the right thing.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Here's a shocker, none of the above.

Follow the Stripper Doctrine: 'tis better to take off than to put on.

Follow the Freeman Doctrine: ditch the Cargo Cult nonsense and let John Frum slip into history; do the opposite of what is popular and you will do the right thing.

Seeing that you had posted in here, I came to read the minimalist riddle. I was not disappointed. :thumbsup:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    My personal preference is for none of the above also. To me, grip stops and vertical foregrips, are more of a safety device to prevent fingers covering a muzzle on something extremely short. Think MP5K.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I prefer neither, but I find that I enjoy a vertical grip more if I have to choose between the two. however, I only use about 1 or 2 fingers on the vert, its more just a reference point and allows just a bit more pull into the shoulder.

Top Bottom