Former and Current Midnight Dog LEOs..... Sound about right?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    I worked Mids for 11+ years of my 15+ years, I can relate to having to 'hold over' while the day shifters checked their e-mails, while sipping on their double whipped soy-chia lattes and munching on tofu, vegan breakfast croissants with sprouts. Then having to go to a meeting so the brass can promote their latest touchy-feely philosophy on the newest, latest-greatest 'thing' to come along in police work in decades - in order to justify the expense of the 'management training retreat' in some fancy locale where they played more golf and drank more booze than their spouses would let them at home, all under the guise of career betterment. Kind of like politicians....

F-IT and git 'er DUN! "Threat stopped, 10-8 enroute to station.... dayshift will take the paper." ;)
    Midnight Dogs RULE!

View attachment 37815

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Oh I don't know. We have guys (and gals) on every shift who take no **** and get **** done. We also have loads who do as little as possible and give zero ****s.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Oh I don't know. We have guys (and gals) on every shift who take no **** and get **** done. We also have loads who do as little as possible and give zero ****s.
    A-Firm on that.... worked with some real slugs. Ya still gotta poke a little fun now and again. Retired in '04. Sometimes miss the camaraderie, but not the BS. A buddy posted this, and I just 'had to' share. ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lol, that pic is comedy gold. And yes, at 4:30 am, when the dayshift early cars are tied up on security checks, it's best to not push your luck.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I worked Mids for 11+ years of my 15+ years, I can relate to having to 'hold over' while the day shifters checked their e-mails, while sipping on their double whipped soy-chia lattes and munching on tofu, vegan breakfast croissants with sprouts. Then having to go to a meeting so the brass can promote their latest touchy-feely philosophy on the newest, latest-greatest 'thing' to come along in police work in decades - in order to justify the expense of the 'management training retreat' in some fancy locale where they played more golf and drank more booze than their spouses would let them at home, all under the guise of career betterment. Kind of like politicians....

F-IT and git 'er DUN! "Threat stopped, 10-8 enroute to station.... dayshift will take the paper." ;)
    Midnight Dogs RULE!

View attachment 37815
    Here's the problem right here.
    double whipped soy-chia lattes and munching on tofu, vegan breakfast croissants with sprouts

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Midnight Dogs RULE!

While not LEO, I've worked my share of mids. And yes we consistently got a lot more done than days. I think it was on days it was too many chiefs not enough Indians. That also includes the F it just get it done, which couldn't be done when there were too many bosses around. I worked at a pork slaughterhouse/processing facility in shipping for a few years on mids, we got close to double the output of days, with about a 1/3 the people. Pallet stuck in the third rack up, climb up and push. Not get someone else with the safety cage for the forklift and the harness and tie off and.... I've worked mids in a few different jobs and it was pretty much the same. As long as you were safe about it, f the rules, git her done.

Yeah, but cutting a few corners is easier on mids, I'm not saying LEO jackbooting people or violating rights. Just cutting a few corners.

It's the Pareto Principle.

See above.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    That's why I love thirds...my rank is merit-based & I'm generally in charge, while the political types are home in bed. I couldn't ask for better, and most of my people ROCK!

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Yep, non mids people always think of the days first, everyone else, second. Have a relief guy who is constantly on the 2-3 minute change, others are 15 min an willing to stay if needed. Hate the staying over if extremely busy night before, facing the "Sun" after working all night in the "moon" does not trip my trigger. Adding more forms to sign are another fiasco in process. Tree killing for multiple paper forms is crazy. We click if all the troops do a time check, on time!

Top Bottom