• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstiz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Greensburg
    So complete newb here to the suppresor world, so I apologize in advance. I have been reading as much as can but still have a few questions. Looking to buy some materials to make my own 7.62 can for my 300 blackout. So do I buy the materials first, then fill out form 1 and then once its returned, start the engraving\drilling\building process?

And whats the turn around time on the form 1 right now? I saw the efile is down right now. Would I be better waiting for the efile to come back up or just submit the paper.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    efile is not coming back any time soon for form 1 due to the fingerprint / photo / etc requirement change on the 13th. You are welcome to purchase parts now or later, but you can't drill any holes until the stamp is approved. I don't think anyone could correctly estimate the current wait time of a form 1 to be approved since there was such a massive rush the past couple months. If you are considering it, send in the paper form now and you'll have plenty of time to plan and shop while you wait!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Awesome! So I can buy everything but I cant just drill anything. That sucks about the efile

Precisely. I've built multiple form 1 cans and enjoy them immensely. Depending on the caliber and components cost is pretty minimal.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I am doing that, got my trust then efiled a Form1, based on a kit from SD Tactical. Going to be for a 300 blackout. From what I have been reading, $200 worth of parts can perform about 90% as well as the money commercial ones you can spend $700 and up on. Worth it for me to try for fun plus I like building things...

I will try to post some results when the time comes. I have most of my kit, end cap is still solid and I am not buying the cone formed freeze plugs to drill and turn into baffles until the approval is in my hands.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I wanted to build another one but waffled on what caliber until I couldn't get logged into e-file. With all the available tubes, end caps, QD mounts, stainless freeze plugs, etc... I doubt I'll ever buy another pre-made can ever again. I'm pretty happy with both of my F1 cans.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I have two stamps pending, one for 9mm/300BLK and one for 7.62.
    I am seriously considering going the "high end" route and getting machined cups and Diversified Machine tube and caps. It looks like it would be a little more money, but it seems like a lot of folks are having good luck going the machined cup route now that more people are selling 80% cups.

jstiz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Greensburg
    I got machined cups but the holes aren't drilled out. I ordered all my goodies and just finishing up the Form 1. Soon I get to play the waiting game!

Thanks for all the input

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Just shot my form one can last night (no pics, nothing fun like that), but I was impressed! 30 cal can on 5.56 and I'd call it hearing safe. I say if you have the itch to try it, do it!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have one stamp approved for a Form 1 can. Have yet to buy anything... so many choices now. I was going to just do a can for rimfire, but now I am considering going the reflex (OTB) route for my .223 SBR to save some length.

Have two more stamps in the system, but I realize it will probably be mid 2017 before I can start expecting them... if then.

Top Bottom