• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I lived in Minnesota back in 2013 when California tried to push a water pipeline through to lake Superior. It has not stopped, and they are getting even more push back.

Little do most involved realize it is not states,US government,or Canada you would even need permission from but the Ojibwe tribes of the USA and Canada. The reason, Treaty of 1854 and every MN DNR officer wears a patch to remember who is in charge and answers to Indian councils not the government. They control the lakes no one else. I do not think it will ever happen, and am glad for that.

Let California get over the "environmental impact" of desalinization if they want water. They have kept 9 proposed sites idle and even stopped a project already in progress to desalinate sea water. IF they want water they have the ability without trying to steal it from other places.

California has a long history of stealing and using federal muscle to get water. I've always been amused when you see people talking about piping water west from sources in the east without thinking about the electrical power required to do the job.

IronHammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2017
    SW Indiana
    Was talking to a friend last night who works at Crane that the corps of engineers has come up with a plan to dig a canal all the way out west from the Mississippi to relieve the drought conditions out there. I don't know if it's true. Think of all the eminent domain issues and cost. He said it would take something like 6 months if they dig from both ends at the same time. Sounds insane to me.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I see, read a lot in this venue about the Constitution. What I never read, see, is the fact that our founders placed in the Constitution an enumerated codicil (amendment) that basically says the government “can not” issue any money not made of silver or gold. They had seen what lays down that road. They attempted to insure it never happened again.

Somewhere some other politicians saw a way to become traders to the country and the oath of office they took, (for there own personal advantage I’m sure) and took us off the gold standard and here we are. If we as free men (and women) are to ever be truly free again we must get back to the values that made this the greatest country the world has ever known. OK, off my soapbox, rant done. Good Luck to all.

:popcorn:
    Thanks for the reminder. I did know Nixon took the US off the Gold Standard ending Bretton Woods agreement but had not thought about Constitutional language regarding the money. I looked it up. I knew the fiat currency was a problem, have prepared for that more in the last few years and am on the fence (unlike me) about the investment market. In conjunction with the natural resource issues, the fiat currency is a real problem at this point. I've thought quite a bit about it, watched too many videos and still have no idea how this might turn out. It's not look good though.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Until California agrees to put in large scale desalination plants, they can pound sand.

I was reading about the Mississippi river diversion projects being discussed. That's a lot of water to pump uphill across the US and the amount of work it would take is staggering. That'll be pitched as green job creation

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    To h*** with kalifornia, seems like they don’t care if they spend everybody else’s money and turn the rest of CONUS into a desert as long as they stay green, like I’ve said before. “The only problem with spending someone else’s money (nat. resources) is sooner or later someone else runs out of money” they created there own problems let them solve there own problems. JMO.

Top Bottom