• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    I get all these gun magazines...they are always touting the latest and greatest New kid on the block..I'm thinking of branching out and actually BUYING a different brand, just to be different. I recently bought a Taurus g 3 or 4 and found it to be perfectly serviceable- a good pistol all around. Thinking of buying a FN, or Sig, Mossberg or other brand just for the heck of it. Anybody else get tired of s&w,glock,Springfield,kimber et al???

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Yes....that is how I ended up with eight Arsenal Strike One pistols :)

You can add Sig to your S&W/Glock/Springfield list. They are standard by now.

Consider CZ (P10C is a great gun), FN FNX-45 Tactical (great gun), FN 509 (good gun).

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Shot a friends Canik Mete SFx with Canik red dot. Its a lot of pistol for the money and would not hesitate to try a few of their other offerings. Points very naturally and was hitting steel at 50 yards.

Reactions: ACC

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I like to try as much as I can. There are some lesser known brands or brands that have had sketchy reputation in past like Taurus that are putting out some nice handguns for sure. Canik is more well known but has been awesome for years. Nothing smith has done since original shield has made me want to buy one. Same with Glock. No secret I’m not a huge polymer fan but there are tons of good options in that world now

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Canik TP9sf. Any variant would be a nice change. Much better trigger than a Glock and very reasonably priced to boot.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did this a couple of years back. The excitement of CZs, 1911s and Glocks was wearing off, so I jumped into classic Sigs. Now, CZs, 1911s and Sigs are what I like to shoot most.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I get all these gun magazines...they are always touting the latest and greatest New kid on the block..I'm thinking of branching out and actually BUYING a different brand, just to be different. I recently bought a Taurus g 3 or 4 and found it to be perfectly serviceable- a good pistol all around. Thinking of buying a FN, or Sig, Mossberg or other brand just for the heck of it. Anybody else get tired of s&w,glock,Springfield,kimber et al???
    Tired of...No! Are there other manufacturers out there doing a good job, competing at a high level with their product...Yes there are!
    There's been a few pistols out there that I've tried over the years, and one that I have considered getting back is the Mossberg 9mm, in the new version, the MC2, of course...it's a great shooting little pistol and does exactly what one would like a pocket-sized pistol to do.
    I don't have at lot of the $$ for all the name-brand items out there, and lot of it has to do the the fit-feel-comfort of the pistol in the grip, the grip angle itself, etc. I also consider how much I want to spend for accessories including extra magazines, holster, sights, etc.
    One thing I am working on being 'content' with what I have, not 'needing' every new gadget out there, and that's just another factor.
    I did, however, recently pick up an older Ruger SR9c and I absolutely love it! It is comfortable in the grip, it's very accurate, etc.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom