FN PS-90 thoughts, personal experience, ideas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Been toying around with the idea of getting one. (Can't believe I said that....I need another caliber, like I need another hole in my head) I've always been impressed with their compactness, reliability, and accuracy. Just curious on anybody who owns one.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Way back my daughter and I were at a manufacturers show my daughter saw the FNH table ahead. She ran up, turned and yelled "Dad, they have a P90!" The guy behind the counter was so impressed that a 14 year old girl would know what a P90 was that he let us take it out back and play with it. SOLD, but unfortunately our right to keep and bear arms has been infringed upon, so I begged him to have FNH make an ATF new constitution approved semi-auto version. He just smiled.

When the PS-90 finally came out I wound up buying among the first available, and bought his and hers since I knew my daughter would run out of ammo before "my turn" to shoot would come around. Best expensive purchase I have made. They have been 100% reliable, super easy to hold on target with almost no recoil (the full auto could be kept on target using only one hand).

People have complained about how expensive the ammo is, with a 2000 round case running $800 and up these days, but when you look at the cost of quality .223, it really isn't much more.

People also complain about stopping power of the civilian ammo, but there are a few aftermarket loaders who make rounds equal to "not for civilian use" ammo. I have yet to find someone who is willing to back up their claims that the 5.7x28 round is ineffective by becoming willing targets.

The are a great close quarters rifle, and with 50 rounds at hand, being an "ineffective round" loses it's meaning.

In short, I am thrilled with mine and do not ever intend to get rid of it.

crazyj789

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Valparaiso
    What he said ^ !!! I LOVE my PS90 and it is a blast to shoot. I have used it for a few things; target practice, plinking, varmint hunting, etc... Just an all around fun gun to have

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Love my PS90. One of my favorite guns.

5.7 ammo is now the same price as .45acp so the round cost is nothing comparatively.

It's a blast to shoot and as an SBR is king of the hill.

Shot placement is king with the 5.7 but then again, any "pistol caliber" rifle is going to have the same issues. Hell the .223 / 5.56 is only 55-62 grains with most ammo... that's not exactly 'ineffective'.

Anyway, I love mine.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I have a PS90, they are light,compact and very accurate. Seems to turn heads and start up conversations when I pull it out on the range. Everyone who has shot mine has said they were very surprised at how it has very little recoil.
    Here's my set up
    6A425FF7-20BD-4AB6-98D6-08334C74F030_zpso6yiptq7.jpg

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Expensive. But I love mine. Sucks that my barrel is too long. Working on that though.. Then it'll be the way the good lord intended it to be.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Have one, and love it. I think they are great home defense weapons, especially if someone else needs to run it, like my wife or kids. Very low recoil, 50 rounds on deck. I have read quite a bit about the 5.7 round. It gets the rep of being ineffective fired from a short barrel, like the pistol, but coming out of the 16 inch barrel of the PS90, it is very effective.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    wow... this thread is a singing endorsement for the PS90...
    I'm pleasantly surprised at the universal praise for this gun.
    :rockwoot: rock on, good people on INGO.

nwigunguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Hi I have a PS90 and a five seven. Both are pretty cool, low recoil fun to shoot. Easy to clean and maintain. Not a fan of the original sight will put a rail on and a C-More red dot next.

Top Bottom