• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A win for the good guys! That could have been a tragedy of epic proportions.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    ​BREAKING NEWS on CNN:
    Florida gun-owner shoots man at back-to-school event at park. Victim struggling to survive.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Not much to see on the video floating around. But listening to it, seems like a couple seconds of loud, rapid fire, followed by a slight pause, and a much quieter single 'pop'.

If the good guy really did only fire once, and hit the BG in the head, damn. That's good chootin.:yesway:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So?.... did anyone see this on the news?
    We didn’t.

As far as MSMBS, I've only seen this WaPo story which makes it sound like the good guy with gun did not confront the shooter until he was all done shooting and starting to leave (that's certainly not the way it sounds on the cell phone audio) and then predictably goes on to make much of how dangerous it was for the kids that either party was shooting at all (putting both parties at the same level of culpability)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-ready/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e943e7cd80d5

I've skimmed one in The Guardian I think that took the same tack

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...I've only seen this WaPo story which makes it sound like the good guy with gun did not confront the shooter until he was all done shooting and starting to leave...

Listening to the audio, there is a rapid barrage of shooting that lasts about 2 seconds, then a very slight pause, and another shot. Less than 5 seconds from first shot to last. Under those circumstances, that's a pretty fast reaction on the part of the good guy. Especially to put a round in the bad guy's gourd.

Hardly enough time to ascertain whether the bad guy was all done and calling it a day, or simply moving and reloading.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, it sounds to me like bad guy was surprised/confronted during the act of shooting up the place. It also sounds to me like someone yells "freeze" just before the shooting starts. then its all a rapid fire jumble of shots

Top Bottom