• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I am looking to replace my Magpul gen 2 sights with some aluminum flip up sights. I just dont care much for the Magpul. Can anyone recomend something that works well with the Eotech?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a set of Troy Industries flip-ups on my rifle, and I love them.
    MP1522Optics.jpg

The front is a gas-block style with quick-disconnect swivel points.

It gets hot.

Really really hot.

-Paul

arbys1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Troys RBUIS came factory on my M&P15. They came loose after about 200rds factory install go fig. Dab of blue loctite prob solved. I leave it co-witnessed through my Eotec to a std A2 frt with zero trouble. I love this set up personally. The only thing I'd change is the long range peep alittle smaller dia would tighten groups up some.

BIGSHIVES1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    If I may ask, what don't you like about the Magpul sights? I just bought a set for a budget build, but haven't put them on yet. Wonder if I should get something different? Thanks

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    If I may ask, what don't you like about the Magpul sights? I just bought a set for a budget build, but haven't put them on yet. Wonder if I should get something different? Thanks

For a budget build, or for a range toy, the MBUS will work perfectly.

However, they are made of plastic and due to their location, and importance, I personally feel something made of a more robust material is necessary for a SHTF/serious use weapon.

Again, for a range plinker or something to just get you by until you can get a better piece of kit, the MBUS will suffice.

My $:twocents:

arbys1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Their plastic is prob the biggest gripe. The positive engagement of forged sights on a forged receiver adds insurance to the equation. My guess is the magpul BUPS is prob fine tho magpul makes some quality stuff. I personally have never herd of them failing.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    For a budget build, or for a range toy, the MBUS will work perfectly.

However, they are made of plastic and due to their location, and importance, I personally feel something made of a more robust material is necessary for a SHTF/serious use weapon.

Again, for a range plinker or something to just get you by until you can get a better piece of kit, the MBUS will suffice.

My $:twocents:

This about sums up my feelings.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    Speaking of the troy sights. Are the larue and noveske marked ones the exact same thing as the Troy's except for the markings?

Top Bottom