• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Social conservatives in Florida still have a 150-year-old law on the books making it illegal to live with a member of the opposite sex that you are not married to. And it is still being enforced. 700 people have been arrested in the last 5 years.

FL: Couples Living Together Without Being Married Can Get Arrested
    Nearly 700 people have been charged with misdemeanors in the last five years. 104 people have faced charges in the last 12 months.

“A little piece of your liberty, a little piece of your freedom is stolen with all these laws that try to dictate lifestyle and are not necessarily enforced,” Workman said.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    You must have a pretty boring life Rambone, it seems all you do is go looking for or subscribed to "Liberty's hanging by a thread" read, get raged and post.... its getting to be more entertaining then ever, bravo, you have become the INGO jester ;)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This law eviscerates privacy rights and property rights. It is unfit to exist, let alone be actively enforced. We need more OathKeepers in Florida to refuse to oppress Americans, since the executive and judicial branches have both failed to protect liberty.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Well we have to draw the line somewhere. What if someone wanted to live with a DOG? What then!? Can I cohabitate with a rock? What about a clown? Come on! This is a slippery slope people.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    They are oppressing Floridians, Not Americans. And Asians and Chinese visiting Disney. I've never had anyone from FDLE come to my house to oppress me. Maybe I did and I forgot. Or I just left.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    This law eviscerates privacy rights and property rights. It is unfit to exist, let alone be actively enforced. We need more OathKeepers in Florida to refuse to oppress Americans, since the executive and judicial branches have both failed to protect liberty.

Like many of your threads as of late.... I'm not arguing in favor of the law. I'm simply stating that if the law is in place it doesn't matter if you agree with it, it's your responsibility to follow said law, lobby and have it re-written or removed. Same thing works for the legislators, they aren't failing us, they are doing what they do best, write laws. Its up to us to vote them out of office if they fail OUR agenda.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This all leads back to a racist/evil mentality about socially engineering the population and preventing the mixing of the races.

They institute marriage licenses, and deny permission of interracial couples to marry.

Then they make a law prohibiting cohabitation, to punish the people who don't ask the state for permission to marry.

150 years later, it exists to punish everyone.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    This all leads back to a racist/evil mentality about socially engineering the population and preventing the mixing of the races.

They institute marriage licenses, and deny permission of interracial couples to marry.

Then they make a law prohibiting cohabitation, to punish the people who don't ask the state for permission to marry.

150 years later, it exists to punish everyone.

I have to agree that the marriage license is nothing more then the state giving you permission to "legally" have sex. In fact, it was my late wife that said that 35 years ago as we prepared to get married. And she was right in so many ways.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Like many of your threads as of late.... I'm not arguing in favor of the law. I'm simply stating that if the law is in place it doesn't matter if you agree with it, it's your responsibility to follow said law, lobby and have it re-written or removed. Same thing works for the legislators, they aren't failing us, they are doing what they do best, write laws. Its up to us to vote them out of office if they fail OUR agenda.
    The state can continue to criminalize all the peaceful behaviors that they want to. Most people aren't going to change their life drastically so they can live a state-approved lifestyle. People just try a little harder not to get caught. This is mala prohibita to the extreme. I don't think people have a duty to do things just because the government wants them to. As Saint Augustine said, "An unjust law is no law at all."

Until it is officially repealed, the executive branch should refuse to enforce it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How about someone stand up and fight it? Instead of sitting back and waiting for someone else to do something?
    I am not excusing anyone for not fighting it. They all should stand up for what is right. Executive, Legislative, Judicial, and the People.

Enforcing it is wrong. Failing to repeal it is wrong. Failing to declare it unconstitutional is wrong. Apathetic people are wrong.

No one gets a pass.

It is critical that all 3 branches of government follow their oath, and it is critical that people watch over them like a hawk.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Enforcing it is wrong.

This is where we disagree, enforcing the law isn't wrong. Changing the law, or with-holding charges until the rebuke is processed and the law is removed is better. But since when do we get to pick and choose which law we can obey and disobey? And who gets to make that decision?

Do you know all of the laws in Indiana? Which ones are silly and not, and in whose opinion?

Getting married to a dog or rock, that's satire not a slippery slope, choosing which laws you want to obey depending on your prerogative, THAT'S A SLIPPERY SLOPE!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This is where we disagree, enforcing the law isn't wrong. Changing the law, or with-holding charges until the rebuke is processed and the law is removed is better. But since when do we get to pick and choose which law we can obey and disobey? And who gets to make that decision?
    This is a core belief of mine. I reject the enforcer mentality. Cops should be allowed to have a conscience and actually use it on the job. Nobody should feel threatened by that at all. A cop's oath is no oath at all if they wait for somebody else to tell them what is oppressive and what isn't.

If enforcing a particular law makes you feel like a heartless JBT, then maybe you should drive off and look for some real criminals. I bet we wouldn't be seeing as many lemonade stands being shut down if that were the case.

Its a critical check and balance that has been discarded long ago.

Top Bottom