• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Fisherman reels in rifle from bottom of lake | thestarpress.com | The Star Press

AP News said:
    JONESBORO, Ark. — When a fisherman reels in a high-caliber catch, should he take up hunting?

Two Arkansas fishermen will have to answer that question after one of them hooked a shotgun while angling on a lake in northeast Arkansas.
    Devin Sullivan and his stepfather were fishing on Craighead Forest Lake when Sullivan started to reel in what he thought was a turtle, only to find a Remington 870 shotgun snagged on the end of the line.

The two men took the shotgun to a Jonesboro police station, where the gun has been taken as evidence, Detective Sgt. Todd Nelson told Jonesboro television station KAIT. Its serial number will be checked to see if it has been reported stolen or involved in any crimes.

Nelson offered a lighthearted observation, saying it may have been thrown into the lake by “somebody that’s mad at a spouse about hunting too much.”

I can't believe, with all the news scavengers that we have here on INGO that no one saw this and posted it before me!

Anyone want to fess up about any recent boating accidents?

Admit that your Why hasn't anyone tried this before? idea of a water-born weapons cache maybe wasn't such a good idea?

Tell the truth about actually trying to test fire under water one of those 12 ga. flame thrower shot shells?

You're amnesty period is going to be short before you are found out what with the new RFID chip going on your drivers license, the RFID chip in your passport, the facial recognition software at the BMV, the red light cameras that traced your vehicle both coming and going at the boat ramp and the GPS chip in your vehicle that shows how many miles you drove to get you and your "lost" shotgun to its watery grave. Next time just have me store your weapons for you while you go out on the water and play.

I don't remember all the details to the story, and I don't have a link, but....last summer (if I remember correctly), there was a girl who was 'tubing' up at Missessenewa and put her hands down in the water through some shallow areas. felt something, pulled on what she felt and it turned out to be a sling.....still hooked to a rifle or shotgun (again, details are fuzzy). They felt around and found a couple others in the same spot. I guess someone ditched them for whatever reason....and the people who found them turned them in to officials.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I'm pretty sure you get back the weapons if they haven't been reported as stolen or if they aren't part of a crime. So if gun bans go into effect you will find mine at the bottom of geist somewhere due to a boating accident.

Top Bottom