• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wirednot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2022
    Avon
    Been wanting to get there, and finally did. Been a Hoosier now for six months and happen to live/work close enough to Parabellum to hit it on my lunch break. What a fantastic facility. Nice gents behind the counter, and was no issue for this newcomer to settle in and enjoy a half hour of staying proficient with what I carry. Just one more thing this transplant is really appreciating about living here. Hope to make this at least a monthly stop, if not more. If you’ve never been there but have thought about it, I highly recommend Parabellum.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Welcome Wired, 12-2 is $8 lunchtime special at Parrabellum with a free target for 30 mins (IIRC), I will retire in 302more days, and no longer. work around here.
    Fishers to Avon is a bit of a drive for plinking so I will try INDY Arms tomorrow.
    I think they are 10-2 $10 for 30 mins.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Been wanting to get there, and finally did. Been a Hoosier now for six months and happen to live/work close enough to Parabellum to hit it on my lunch break. What a fantastic facility. Nice gents behind the counter, and was no issue for this newcomer to settle in and enjoy a half hour of staying proficient with what I carry. Just one more thing this transplant is really appreciating about living here. Hope to make this at least a monthly stop, if not more. If you’ve never been there but have thought about it, I highly recommend Parabellum.

Parabellum is a great range. I go there on occasion and have always enjoyed it. When Coach was still with us and teaching classes there, I took several and always had a great time. I know in the past they would let you draw from the holster once you showed that you were proficient enough (or maybe you had to take a class first, not sure). That's great as that's one of the worst things about indoor ranges is not having the ability to practice drawing from the holster. Welcome to Indiana and hope you continue to enjoy your range time.

Welcome Wired, 12-2 is $8 lunchtime special at Parrabellum with a free target for 30 mins (IIRC), I will retire in 302more days, and no longer. work around here.
    Fishers to Avon is a bit of a drive for plinking so I will try INDY Arms tomorrow.

Even better, the lunch time 10-2 special is $10 for a full hour. A friend of mine and I go every other Friday or so and really enjoy the range. Sadly, as far as I'm aware, they don't allow drawing from the holster. Otherwise it's a fantastic facility. They did just raise the price of their targets from like $1.25 to $2 or $2.50 (not sure as I didn't really pay attention). I won't be there today, but maybe will run into you some Friday.

Matt47336

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2023
    Fishers
    How was INDY Arms? I’ve been trying to get there over the past few weeks since I’m in fishers and it’s pretty close. I used to go to point blank in Carmel and I was pretty happy with it.

Matt47336

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2023
    Fishers
    I’ll have to check it out this week sometime then. I’ve only been to a few indoor ranges in my life but I plan on going a lot more often now so I’m looking for a good place to routinely go.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’ll have to check it out this week sometime then. I’ve only been to a few indoor ranges in my life but I plan on going a lot more often now so I’m looking for a good place to routinely go.

I live much closer to Range USA in Greenwood but prefer to drive to Indy Arms instead.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I used to live less than a mile from Parabellum, as the crow flies. Closer to 10 minutes in Avon traffic. It was always clean and pleasant to shoot there. They offered rentals which is really cool albeit kinda pricy since you had to buy their ammo, neat none the less. I bought my SW Shield there. They used to have a yearly membership but not sure if it's still around.

yotehunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Not Iraq
    I remember when Parrabellum was pretty fresh. I also remember when they refused to clear the line for someone to go their NFA item that flew off. That Then got shot by all the shooters on the line. Oooooof

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I remember when Parrabellum was pretty fresh. I also remember when they refused to clear the line for someone to go their NFA item that flew off. That Then got shot by all the shooters on the line. Oooooof
    I remember hearing about that. Wild story. I can't imagine it being shot by all the other shooters if it was just sitting on the floor though.

yotehunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Not Iraq
    I remember hearing about that. Wild story. I can't imagine it being shot by all the other shooters if it was just sitting on the floor though.
    It was pretty swiss cheesed. The NFA owner failed to demand they stop and was talked into just leaving it until the next day. The store also knew better as a chain of custody was required. I think the owner finally paid for the can after getting called out for a month.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    It was pretty swiss cheesed. The NFA owner failed to demand they stop and was talked into just leaving it until the next day. The store also knew better as a chain of custody was required. I think the owner finally paid for the can after getting called out for a month.
    Yeah when I've seen the owner and talked to some of the guys that work there now I can't imagine them reacting like the threads said they did. They all seem like decent people.

Top Bottom