• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Have bought a few guns from them before, today is the first time I went to the new BGF (met good ol' Steve working there. Hi Steve!). They are doing some special today that for $12.50, you get a full hour instead of half an hour. Compared to other indoor ranges such as Pop Guns and Indy Trading Post, air quality is the biggest difference. Of course BGF is larger, got fancy digital target control, etc., but I was worried about if the air would be as suffocating as those other places. Nope, not at all. You get some burnt gun powder smell upon entering the range, but that was it. I shot more than 30 minutes but less than the full hour (ran out of the ammo). The whole time I wasn't a bit uncomfortable with breathing, forgot about the smell before I fired the first shot. Highly recommended to anyone that is sensitive to indoor gunshot smell like me...

Compared to Eagle Creek, BGF got a nicer policy that allows concealed carry into the store, onto the shooting lane. I didn't know that, thought I could not draw my gun out of the holster to shoot it, so first thing I did when I stepped into the store, was going into the bathroom, took my gun out, and threw it into my backpack. I also saw INGO's logo painted on the whole big wall, in between the store and the range, in giant characters. Kinda cool!...

I shot Russian steel cased stuff (TulAmmo 9mm) there. Fired 100 rounds today. I got these from Wally World either in 2012 or 2011. Looks like TulAmmo doesn't store very well. I store them on the shelves in my bedroom closet, which is air-conditioned. After two years at most, I got one dud per box. The primer got a very good, deep dent from the firing pin, but it didn't go off. BGF also sells Russian steel cased ammo (Wolf) but couldn't get enough of them (and they don't have any 9mm Wolf at all). While I was there I also asked about the new Beretta Pico that was supposed to come out this month. Steve was the only guy, of all three gun shops that I'd talked to (BGF, Plainfield, Bradis) that had even heard of this model. Doesn't look good for Beretta's sales, when gun shops don't even know about their newest creation...

Showing my best target of the day. Shooting G26 Gen 4 at 12 yards, 2-handed standing no support, loaded 10 round per mag/string, steel cased TulAmmo 115gr FMJ. Target was a 5" Shoot-N-C sticky. This one I got 9 holes on target, I'm happy :) ...

best of the day.jpg

Top Bottom