• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    Look at Holosun also. It is said that Holosun makes the Primary Arms and Sig Romeo sights. I have several Holosuns and they've been great. I also have an Aimpoint H1, a couple of MROs, a couple of Primary Arms micros, a TRS-25 and honestly they've all been great. My use is same as yours - range use, home/property defense.

I have been looking at the Holosun. I like the reticle. I've also seen a number of people saying they make PA and Sig sights, but haven't seen any confirmation.
    Right now I've kinda narrowed things down to the Romeo 5, Holosun 503GU, and the PA micro dot.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think you'll be happy with the Romeo 5 at that price. It really is a nice sight. Probably the only real downside is the bikini lens covers that I'm not fond of.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    I think you'll be happy with the Romeo 5 at that price. It really is a nice sight. Probably the only real downside is the bikini lens covers that I'm not fond of.

I think so too. I think I've spent enough time with this, and I'm going to go with it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have the newer Vortex Sparc AR on both of my Carbines. I liked them enough that I put my AimPoint Pro on my PCC. Battery life is not that great but I have good BUIS on the guns and I am just a casual user. You can find Sparc AR deals with magazines online.

The Holosuns and Sig Romeo would also be fine choices for a budget optic.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    Wait a second. You hit walnuts at 100 yds with a 4 moa dot? Even a 2 moa dot....that's some fine eyesight.
    Well, I do cheat a little. I'm talking using bags with handloads, but repeatable. Adjusting the power matters very much to keep a crisp dot. Go overboard on brightness and the dot gets bad, quick.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I got my TRS-25 for $47 on the Amazon. It's on my .22 target pistol. If I could bear to put a $47 optic on my $1600 rifle, I'd put it on my DD, but I just. Can't.

That said, there are more than a few options in the <$300 range perfectly adequate for range/HD/Type 1 use. I'm interested in the ACSS Holosun myself that PA has.

Top Bottom