• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    The wife let me build a bench in the corner of the kitchen after I threatened to bolt my press to the dining room table. I present to you...

MINI BENCH OF TURQUOISE DOOM!

303469_3302458207836_1764344080_n.jpg

11x16, supported by 4x4 fence posts. Fixed to the wall with 5" long, 3/4" lag bolts. Grand total, $35 in lumber.

Just de-primed, sized and sorted 500 pieces on it. I'm gonna fab a longer arm with a nicer grip on it for sizing. No leverage with this tiny rod!

Now, to order components and a tumbler!

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You'll quickly find out that the dinner table is still going to be your reloading platform. You will need about 4x's the space you have now. I'm pretty cramped and I have half my work bench dedicated to reloading.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    You'll quickly find out that the dinner table is still going to be your reloading platform. You will need about 4x's the space you have now. I'm pretty cramped and I have half my work bench dedicated to reloading.

Oh sure, most of the magic is still gonna happen at the kitchen table. This is just where I mounted my press. :D

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Hehe....i had to laugh at the comment about tellin your wife you were going to bolt it to the table, i have a similar situation with my wife.

There is always i little space somewhere for man things :)

coyn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Syracuse
    Oh sure, most of the magic is still gonna happen at the kitchen table. This is just where I mounted my press. :D
    I agree. You'll end up on the kitchen table. Until we move, my reloading set up is a 2'x4'x 3/4" piece of plywood with my press mounted on it that gets c-clamped to the kitchen table. It has become an almost permanent fixture in the dining room which makes my wife ecstatic. haha :D

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    I have a 14x14 room with benches on 3 walls and still don't have enough room. Although started on an old nightstand not much bigger than the bench you have there. Slowly I claimed more space.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I've already talked the wife into letting me add a rolling toolbox next to the bench. She quickly saw how much room my tools took up. The only stuff on the bench is what's being run through the press at the moment.

Top Bottom