• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I purchased a Taurus PT709 Slim a few years ago and have been happy with the performance. My training buddy purchased a similar sized Kahr for 300+ and experienced more jams on the range than I did. I trust my life to this single stack handgun for less than $400. Also, the affordability of ammo means you'll become proficient without pain in the wallet.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I bought a Taurus 24/7 G2 9mm last year and have shot about 400 rounds through it and I absolutely love it. This is my first Taurus, but I can't figure out why people don't like them. I paid $389 for mine.
    Augustine, I think its because Taurus is based out of Brazil and the fact that they make a whole lot of diverse guns at very affordable prices, so gun snobs hate that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    My first pistol was a Kel-Tec P-11...inexpensive, no safeties, DAO and very reliable...in other words, a great SD gun. If you are looking for target shooting, then look for something different. This is strictly a SD gun at conversational distances. I just picked up a Beretta Nano and absolutely love it. Again, relatively inexpensive, no safeties, DAO Glock style trigger, but fairly light, at least lighter than the P-11 and again, very reliable. My third pistol is an .380 LCP. Again, inexpensive, no safeties to worry about, DAO point and shoot, and highly reliable. I carry that when I am riding my mountain bike, road bike and things like that. With a Fobus paddle, it just clips right onto my bike shorts and stays put.

If you haven't looked at them or shot any of them, I suggest taking a look. If you get one, be sure you've gotten at least 500 rounds through it to break it in. I shot 1000 through mine before I put them into EDC status.

js24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    I got my first handgun ever in 2008. It's a S&W 990L .40. It's a very good, high quality gun and proved to be a worthwhile purchase. It's one of my favorites, other than it's bulky to CC. It was comparable price wise, maybe just a little less since it wasn't an M&P model. I would say if you're worried about price, wait and save and keep trying things out. A gun is like insurance, hopefully you never need it, but when you do. You really need it and don't want to hope it works, you just want it to work and to go about your merry life afterwards. Also, if you're looking at price, consider everything that comes with the gun. I've noticed since I entered the gun world, companies are stepping it up and adding a lot. Personally I am impressed with XD because they seem to sell you a whole kit, rather than just a gun. I've not shot them, but at least for value wise, they seem to give you a lot. Otherwise, I have my S&W and two Rugers. I love the feel of the Rugers and the look of them the most. The one major advantage my S&W has is that it doesn't have a safety, I like that. I like knowing it's active or not and there's not between. My mother has gone for cheap guns though and she keeps having to get different ones because the quality of the cheap ones just suck.

s13envy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    my first handgun was the S&W Bodyguard .380. It'll fit in the palm of your hand and comes with a built in laser. Pretty accurate as well. I enjoy it

srandrews80

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Plainfield
    My first gun was a ruger sr9 less than $400 bucks small enough to carry 17 round magazines. I still have mine have put over 500 rounds through it with no problems. I have upgraded to a commander sized 1911 but still love my sr9

Top Bottom