• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    About six weeks ago, I contacted Isaac Frank of Southern Indiana Precision in Celestine to inquire about building my first full-custom precision rifle. With the new rifle regulations for deer hunting, I wanted a multi-purpose rifle good for the range, woods, or PRS-type competition and decided on chambering it in 6mm Dasher (for those that don't know what Dasher is, it is an improved 6mm BR Norma).

Isaac told me it'd take about a month; four weeks after he received all the parts he called to say PTG sent him the wrong bolt handles but one week later it'd be done. Sure enough, 7 days later I picked it up giddy like Ralphie getting his Red Ryder on Christmas morning.

14524422_1191130390953914_1765052697538744253_o.jpg

Remington 700 Short Action, trued
    Hawk Hill 1:8 twist Marksman contour barrel, finished 20" with 5/8-24 threads and cap
    Bell & Carlson Target/Competition Medalist #2095 (GREAT stock...ergonomics nearly identical to a Manners T2)
    Leupold Mark4 15MOA scope mount
    Timney 510
    Graphite Black Cerakote
    PTG Stealth DBM, bolt handle, recoil lug
    Skim bedding

So far I've put 50 rounds through it fireforming brass...and I'd say it is a shooter.

501C8A04-AA4D-403D-8A8E-8FC6D1D39EFD_zpsmyylsfgl.jpg

For once, it is nice being able to remove the rifle as a variable when judging accuracy - its just the loads and how the nut behind the trigger drives the rifle.

Anyway...shameless plug for Isaac who answered all my stupid questions and made a friggin' hammer.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Now if you shot that group without an optic then you need to come over and teach me a few things. ;) So which optic did you go with? Awesome looking rifle btw

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    The rifle is wearing a SFP Viper Vortex PST 4-16x50 MRAD.

I would have gotten a glamor shot of the rifle with optic and SiCo Omega...but I forgot my camera and phone in the truck and didn't want to walk back (350ish yards) to get them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Isaac is good people. I'll have him spin one up for me one of these days.

Congrats! You will be forever spoiled now though.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Beautiful! Congratulations on the sweet rig.

I don't know Hawk Hill. They obviously make a very accurate barrel. Is it button or cut rifled?

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Very nice, I may have to try and find one a Marksman hawk hill barrel when my Bartlein is shot out. What's the barrel life estimated to be with the 6dasher?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I got to shoot a friend's custom 6mm Dasher on his range in TN a couple of years ago. I think it's several lbs heavier than yours and wears a March 8-80 scope. The action is a Stiller Diamondback with a VERY light (low single digit ounces) trigger but I don't know the barrel mfg. A life-size steel woodchuck at 800 yards was easy even for me. IIRC we were shooting the 107 SMKs also. If you're interested in further info, do a search on "Dasher Dome". That's what he calls his range.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I read this when I was going to bed last night and thought sweet rifle! 6mm Dasher, what the hell is that..? Why not a 6.5 CM or something like that. After some research, what a cool round! I like the build even more than I did before. I could stand to learn a lot from the more "accurate" crowd!

Top Bottom