• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate6512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Fishers
    Why midlength? Softer shooting with the expense of a little bit of weight moved forward with a little bit longer sight radius.

I would recommend searches here, ar15.com, google, etc. You will get much better answers out there than I can give. Let's just say that I did a lot of reading and that is what I decided to go with for my first AR. I have nothing against carbine length, I just had to make a decision.

Nice build. Would like to know what you think of the Magpul sights. Not sure I like the idea of plastic sites.

I will let you know. I realize many people feel that way and I respect the arguments either way. Lots of individual decisions with AR's -- that's part of the beauty of them.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I would recommend searches here, ar15.com, google, etc. You will get much better answers out there than I can give. Let's just say that I did a lot of reading and that is what I decided to go with for my first AR. I have nothing against carbine length, I just had to make a decision.

I know Ive done searches on that before to read all the little technical stuff about the 2 size gas lengths, I just wanted to know why you sepecifically found it more appealing. It might be as simple as the looks to it. I can respect that. I was just asking your oppinion of em.

Nate6512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Fishers
    I know Ive done searches on that before to read all the little technical stuff about the 2 size gas lengths, I just wanted to know why you sepecifically found it more appealing. It might be as simple as the looks to it. I can respect that. I was just asking your oppinion of em.

Gotcha. I like the idea of them being slightly smoother operating and not quite as hard on their parts. I like the look (there is something about the 16" barrel on a carbine that just doesn't look right). I like the idea of a slightly longer sight radius. Some day I'd like a SBR carbine, but that's not in the cards right now.

Top Bottom