• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Well, after 15 years my inserts blower motor finally failed. New one sourced online and should be here by Wed. $180 including expedited shipping.

Extended forecast looking much colder....time to break out the primo high btu wood.
    I’ve been getting these for years. My wood burner has 2 single fans so I buy 2 and use the right fan from 1 and the left from the other. We burn 24/7 in the winter and get several seasons out of them. Have also put new bearings in them. Alway have a spare or 2 because they only fail when it’s sub zero outside!

Attachments

• IMG_0254.png
      IMG_0254.png
      972.7 KB · Views: 18

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I’ve been getting these for years. My wood burner has 2 single fans so I buy 2 and use the right fan from 1 and the left from the other. We burn 24/7 in the winter and get several seasons out of them. Have also put new bearings in them. Alway have a spare or 2 because they only fail when it’s sub zero outside!
    That's a fantastic price. Not the exact one I need but I'll probably buy one, tear it down for parts, and rebuild my old one. Thanks for the link!

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    That's a fantastic price. Not the exact one I need but I'll probably buy one, tear it down for parts, and rebuild my old one. Thanks for the link!
    The fans are a bear to get off the shaft without breaking. I break probably 2 out of 3, but they are still useable.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I may revisit getting a wood stove or boiler installed... not sure I can have enough bonfires to burn this wood...
    d439b18cfcb53b795458e090e919ffe6.jpg
    Depending on location and if you're looking to get rid of some, I'd be interested for the right price.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I just replaced mine on my heatmor boiler very common motor with the squirrel cage. I always keep a spare
    DAYTON 1TDP7 PSC Blower, Black, Draft Fan, 115 Volt, 146 CFM, Outdoor Wood Furnace Fan https://a.co/d/faQGOka

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    :lol2:
    Yetti is not wrong. I have a tiny insert 1.5 cu ft firebox, and I burn 6 to 10 ricks a year only burning part time....not 24-7.

Worst consumption I have recorded is 1 cord in 1 month of super cold for weeks weather.

I feel for you boiler folks....y'all have to cut ALOT of wood per year

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    :lol2:
    Yetti is not wrong. I have a tiny insert 1.5 cu ft firebox, and I burn 6 to 10 ricks a year only burning part time....not 24-7.

Worst consumption I have recorded is 1 cord in 1 month of super cold for weeks weather.

I feel for you boiler folks....y'all have to cut ALOT of wood per year
    Not really at least not for me it’s in the design of the boiler and of course how insulated your home is..
    In comparison to my neighbors central boiler mine uses less and my house is larger.. a heatmor brand is made differently and to extract more heat in the process..

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Had a buddy drop off two 14' dump trailer loads of oak and cherry logs. All Goldilocks sized, nothing over 24" diameter. He's making some big clearings on his mostly wooded property. Said there's a bunch more like it. Now if the ground would just freeze, I could get our 32' trailer in there and really pile some up.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Had a buddy drop off two 14' dump trailer loads of oak and cherry logs. All Goldilocks sized, nothing over 24" diameter. He's making some big clearings on his mostly wooded property. Said there's a bunch more like it. Now if the ground would just freeze, I could get our 32' trailer in there and really pile some up.
    Now that's a good buddy

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    The entire conversation revolves around a problem cg21 ran into with his stove. It's all in last year's thread. Starts about here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/firewood-season-2023.530314/post-9778116
    So I read through what you posted. In the end it was a clogged transition from stove to pipe. Im a little confused on the gov part and what has changed in the industry.

I was thinking there might have been some regulations on how we pollute the air but didn’t connect the dots from the thread. Its all new to me so there’s that.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So I read through what you posted. In the end it was a clogged transition from stove to pipe. Im a little confused on the gov part and what has changed in the industry.

I was thinking there might have been some regulations on how we pollute the air but didn’t connect the dots from the thread. Its all new to me so there’s that.
    You already saw bocefus78's 30k foot view. Here's a few more:

This one is a real gem!

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    You already saw bocefus78's 30k foot view. Here's a few more:

This one is a real gem!
    Follow the money. I hope clean air agents dont find out how many grams of smoke my burn barrels put out.

Top Bottom