• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Lafayette got a new Firehouse Subs. I've read about them here on INGO but have never had one. I stopped by after work and got an Italian combo. For a 12" combo, it was over $10 with tax. I'd give the Italian sub a 3.5 out of 5. It was a good sandwich but if I didn't know any better, I would have thought I ordered a ham sandwich. The honey ham overpowered everything else on the sandwich.

The only sub I ever order from Penn Station or Jimmy Johns is the Italian and they had much more bite to them than this one did. Firehouse's menu had some other sandwiches that looked pretty good so I'll try something different the next time I go in.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My opinion is that they're good when I'm in the mood for something different but they don't top my list when I want a sandwich.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I got a coupon for a free one when the one in Noblesville opened. I used it and haven't been back. It wasn't bad, just wasn't anything that would make me pick them instead of Jimmy John's.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'll have to check them out. I'm a JJ fan personally. Stay away from jersey mikes unless you like imitation blimpies...gross.

I hate scrubway. How many different ways can you make a bologna sandwich?

A lot, I think even the meatball subs are nothing more than ground up bologna.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We've been to the Firehouse in Noblesville a few times. Have to agree about the Italian, not a lot of flavour, (especially compared to a Penn Station Italian). The pastrami is pretty good, but it gets lost in the toppings. My favourite thing about Firehouse is that they have Coke Freestyle machines. I really like these machines. Over 125 flavours and many of them are flavours you can't buy in any other market. Fanta Peach, Sprite Grape, Coke Orange. These are great machines and often worthwhile to get a mediocre sandwich for a quick bite. We never get over a 8" there, anyway, so we don't spend a fortune. My kids do like their meatball subs, tho.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Discovered Firehouse a couple of months ago. Very impressed with the sandwiches both times we've been!! Good flavor and they weren't chintzy on the meat either. I don't know maybe it's the location? Quiznos is great but they seem to be turning into some type of mexican/sub hybrid lately, also like Penn Station but they are off and on for quality and quantity, only been to JJ once and don't remember anything about it.

Loar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Completely unsolicited, I'll give a plug for Potbelly sandwiches. There's one in Lafayette (I think) and one in downtown Indy on the circle. It's a good sandwich.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    i've been to the firehouse subs in avon and plainfield. Absolutely great I think. A lot better than subway. Not sure about the others but the owners of the ones in plainfield and avon are opening one in brownsburg. Very happy with the ones they have.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I used to frequent Firehouse Subs when I lived in Florida... the great thing about it is the selection of hot sauce they have on the counter. I assume they are all like that but I haven't been to one in a while.

I'll have to check out the local ones soon. I'm glad they finally made it up here though

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Without a doubt, this firehouse sub is 10 times better than anything subway has to offer. Ill try some of their other sandwiches in the future. If they only rate a 3 or so, I'll stick with Penn Station or JJ's.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I stopped in and got a New York Steamer for lunch today. It was a pretty good sandwich. Just the regular 8" sub combo was over $8. It was a good experience other than the chick behind the counter with her ass crack hanging out and using her gloved hands to pull her pants back up.

Top Bottom