• ...and so much more!
  • Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    I'm both excited & disappointed.
    I'll watch it & be hopeful...kinda doubt it will have that same dynamic the show had when it 1st aired.

(Still in disbelief it was canceled)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm both excited & disappointed.
    I'll watch it & be hopeful...kinda doubt it will have that same dynamic the show had when it 1st aired.

(Still in disbelief it was canceled)
    Most people never heard of it until after it was cancelled. It definitely wasn't given much of a chance.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Most people never heard of it until after it was cancelled. It definitely wasn't given much of a chance.

Guilty. I watched the show after I watched the Serenity movie. I had never heard of it before (which makes Serenity a slightly tough movie to follow).

There seems to be a bit of an Alan Tudyk effect here... I've been waiting for a Tucker and Dale sequel (that everyone says they want to happen, including the studios) for a decade now. Serenity came out in 2005...

I'm starting to think some doors are best left closed after a certain point.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Guilty. I watched the show after I watched the Serenity movie. I had never heard of it before (which makes Serenity a slightly tough movie to follow).

There seems to be a bit of an Alan Tudyk effect here... I've been waiting for a Tucker and Dale sequel (that everyone says they want to happen, including the studios) for a decade now. Serenity came out in 2005...

I'm starting to think some doors are best left closed after a certain point.
    I was the same. Although I do not remember if I saw Firefly or Serenity first now. I was not one to watch a lot of TV back then.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Have the DVD set of both the series and the movie. Not sure if they can do a reboot with the same "feel" as the original.

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I was really excited to see this at first but after reading the replies and thinking about the parent company it sounds like it will become a kids show. So much for the brown coats...

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Same here. Big sci-fi guy here and there's a lot of good shows I missed when they were on TV in the early 2000s due to not watching TV from then until the last couple years discovering streaming when Hulu was free then Amazon and netflix. Dark matter, firefly, farscape, and a few others.

Have the DVD set of both the series and the movie. Not sure if they can do a reboot with the same "feel" as the original.
    Different political climate these days, just 15 years later things that were done and said then wouldn't be broadcast these days. There's a lot of crap that they'll run but having the protagonist be against the light of civilization? no way.

I'm with you guys. There are some things that just can't be brought back. Even George Lucas couldn't duplicate the charm of the original Star Wars and Indiana Jones and he did them the first time. We have a whole 'nother thread on star trek discovery.

I'll watch it but I see it as a whole new thing. I'm guessing Disney will nix the existing canon like they did with star wars. It'll run a season hoping to leverage the existing fandom to gather new ones to sell merch to for a season or two till they all realize it's nothing like the old one then it gets cancelled.

Expanse is good but the latest season seems like the writers just took a crap and turned that in. it's like they just took a page every couple pages and ran with it. the first couple seasons they actually tried to run a contiguous story, now it's just snippets from the books, the stories harder to follow than S1 when it jumped back and forth time wise.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I agree that they will ruin Firefly.

I have yet to start watching the new season of The Expanse. Sorry to hear they are slacking with it. That stinks. My youngest is interested so we planned to start from S1 and work thru them all. Then maybe S5 will be out and I won't have to wait.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree that they will ruin Firefly.

I have yet to start watching the new season of The Expanse. Sorry to hear they are slacking with it. That stinks. My youngest is interested so we planned to start from S1 and work thru them all. Then maybe S5 will be out and I won't have to wait.
    A reboot now is way to far down the road from the original. The chemistry of the actors was a part of that series working for me.

db308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Fans of Firefly might like Babylon 5.
    I have not looked to see if it is currently available on any of the streaming services.

Zero interest here in the new improved Firefly.

Top Bottom