• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I peruse Glock Talk quiet a bit. Especially their classifieds section.

I also check out LA Police Gear Tactical Gear featuring 511 Tactical, Galco, Surefire and Blackhawk every once in a while to check out their specials or clearance.

Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri. is a good one for used pistols.

I've also ordered things from Police Equipment and Tactical Police Gear at CopsPlus with good results.

I check Indycarz.com daily because I was the person that started that whole mess. lol

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You started that site?

I started IndyImportScene.com when I was in high school in like 2000. It got huge, and did very well. When I went off to college in 2002 one of the members started a spin-off site which is now IndyCarz.com.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    What happened to indyimportscene? You are a part of history :)::thumbsup:

I started IndyImportScene.com when I was in high school in like 2000. It got huge, and did very well. When I went off to college in 2002 one of the members started a spin-off site which is now IndyCarz.com.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    What happened to indyimportscene? You are a part of history :)::thumbsup:

:hijack:

Short story:

I was 16 and had a '94 Civic. I wanted to start customizing it, but I knew NO ONE who had the same interest (this was before Fast and Furious crap). So I started a Yahoo! Group called "Indianapolis Import Scene". It got bigger and bigger. One of the members was the webmaster for Davis Homes, so he put together our first real website "IndyImportScene.com". It was intended to be a "car club" but it grew much bigger than that. It became a community. We started getting groups of 100+ people hanging out on the weekends and organizing car shows and local events. Something like 3000 online members. We had decals made . . . yada yada yada.

Then I was preparing to go to Clemson University in South Carolina and the website suffered. Jeremy, a long-time member, had the idea to start a similar site, but dedicated to ALL car types. So we closed down IIS and IndyCarz.com was born. Jeremy has been running things ever since. Now its post-F&F and things are crazy.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    :hijack:

We have a lot of car guys on here.. And I know Lars had a fast Honda once. :cool:

Wasn't there a shop by the name of Indy Import something off of Zionsville road?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    "Uncompromising HK Enthusiast" :): How elite sounding.... I guess you've got to pay to play with the uncompromising enthusiast types :spend::pffftt:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    "Uncompromising HK Enthusiast" :): How elite sounding.... I guess you've got to pay to play with the uncompromising enthusiast types :spend::pffftt:

Mike.. please don't get him started. He's up to 2 HKs now.

I've banned him from buying more guns for at least a month or three. :):

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX

So HK's tag line is "No Compromise"
    how's that any more elitist than Glock's "Perfection" tag line? ;)

But yeah, it comes off as a bit Haughty.

Top Bottom