• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott223

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I wanted to thank everyone again who responded a few months ago to my post about what kind of loader to get. I went with the Hornady lock and load classic kit. It gives me a good start and when I am ready in the future I'm gonna go with the hornady lnl progressive. It has been an interesting process learning about all the different makes and models so to speak of loaders out there. I really appreciate all the advice I've been given and I am sure I will be asking for more as I start reloading my own ammo. Thanks again everyone and a big +1 to Andrew at ProFire for all the help and guidance in starting my new hobby.

Mycroft

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis area
    Welcome to the club.
    You won't really save much money because you'll be shooting more.
    And it will surprise you how much more accurate your reloads will be compared to most commercial ammo.

BAZOOKa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Plymouth
    Just took the plunge myself. Went with the LNL Classic as well. I think you will be happy with it. I see a LNL AP in my future too. Seems like the list of stuff to buy only grows. Happy loading!

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Reloader

Since you have a progressive now. Don't forget the need for a good single station press. It is hard to beat a rock chucker or any older single station press. If it is built like a boat anchor clean it and oil it. You will thank yourself in the future. Even when, not if but when you get your finger smashed in it. That is when your getting things done. They are great for longer cases, bottle neck or working up a load for a specific gun when you don't want to load a large amount. Happy reloading.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Since you have a progressive now. Don't forget the need for a good single station press. It is hard to beat a rock chucker or any older single station press. If it is built like a boat anchor clean it and oil it. You will thank yourself in the future. Even when, not if but when you get your finger smashed in it. That is when your getting things done. They are great for longer cases, bottle neck or working up a load for a specific gun when you don't want to load a large amount. Happy reloading.

The lock and load CLASSIC is a single stage press.

Scott223

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Single stage

Yes I bought the single stage but I did mention that I am going to get a progressive when it comes in. Right now in working on a bench and shelving for my reloading room. It is amazing how much stuff there is to get. I walked out of the store yesterday with a pretty big pile of stuff and I already have a list of more things to buy. The really good thing about this is my 2 sons will be learning all this with me so one day hopefully far in the future I will pass all this down to them. Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. +1 to you all

Top Bottom