• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    As some of you know I've been having some health issues and started chemo and little while back. So my oncologist called today and it looks like I'm responding well to the treatments. To add icing to the cake my Dr. sent my case in with an organization that works with financial services for rare diseases and I was chosen as a candidate. I was looking at anywhere from 800.00 to 1000 a month out of pocket and I have been approved for up to a year of treatment and they are taking care of my out of pocket expenses. Just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have been sending well wishes. The Lord always seems to come through when you least expect it. Now he just needs to answer my election day prayer. Dan

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Awesome! I love hearing that cancer is getting it's ass kicked. I'll pray the recovery is a speedy one.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That is tremendous news!

My dad was given 6 months to live when he was diagnosed...in 2009.

That dude is still just as ornery as ever.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As some of you know I've been having some health issues and started chemo and little while back. So my oncologist called today and it looks like I'm responding well to the treatments. To add icing to the cake my Dr. sent my case in with an organization that works with financial services for rare diseases and I was chosen as a candidate. I was looking at anywhere from 800.00 to 1000 a month out of pocket and I have been approved for up to a year of treatment and they are taking care of my out of pocket expenses. Just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have been sending well wishes. The Lord always seems to come through when you least expect it. Now he just needs to answer my election day prayer. Dan

Good luck.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    Yesterday I was given a clean bill of health. I spent 6 months in treatment and that was the easy part. It was and still is the recovery from Chemo and Radiation that was VERY HARD and continues today. As an example, I have lost my taste buds but I am alive.

Your life will get better. I will also offer a prayer.

Top Bottom