• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    Well, been trying to learn yote hunting and finally had some luck tonight. i put on here a while back that our first call brought one in but i missed for various reasons(excuses). Since then we haven't seen any calling and was getting a little discouraged. kept trying and learning and tonight it paid off. I have been using a rabbit distress call and worked at first but I noticed they started ignoring it lately, i could hear coyotes barking and howling but wouldn't come into the call. Heard/read that A) might not be hungry in this nice hunting weather and B) they might be starting to breed. so i used a howler tonight and this female came right in. shot at about 70 yards. Fun stuff

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Congrats and thanks for the tip. I'm about to head out myself in the next couple hours and hope to have some luck. Glad to see your persistence paid off.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Great job. I am not a die hard Coyote hunter, but will shoot them when I can. Seems like over the years, they do respond to many various calls at different times of the year. I've had my best luck with distressed animal calls when the weather was cold and snow on the ground. Never called one in with a howler. I learned something too!

Top Bottom