• ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Members of the Senate Judiciary Committee:

Patrick J. Leahy Chairman, D-Vermont

Dianne Feinstein D-California (Bill Sponsor)

Chuck Schumer D-New York (Co-sponsor)

Dick Durbin D-Illinois (Co-sponsor)

Sheldon Whitehouse D-Rhode Island (Co-sponsor)

Amy Klobuchar D-Minnesota

Al Franken D-Minnesota

Christopher A. Coons D-Delaware

Richard Blumenthal D-Connecticut (Co-sponsor)

Chuck Grassley Ranking Member, R-Iowa

Orrin G. Hatch R-Utah

Jeff Sessions R-Alabama

Lindsey Graham R-South Carolina

John Cornyn R-Texas

Michael S. Lee R-Utah

Tom Coburn R-Oklahoma

9 Democrats vs. 7 Republicans

5 of these Democrats already have their name on the bill.

Some important information on this committee

1. Six Members of the Committee, actually present, shall constitute a quorum for the purpose of discussing business. Eight Members of the Committee, including at least two Members of the minority, shall constitute a quorum for the purpose of transacting business. No bill, matter, or nomination shall be ordered reported from the Committee, however, unless a majority of the Committee is actually present at the time such action is taken and a majority of those present support the action taken.​

This means, that there has to be at least two Republicans present during the vote to get S.150 out of committee and back to the Senate.

This means more than likely, this will make it's way back out of committee and back to the Senate Floor.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    OK, so let's see:

It seems to me that they are trying to ban, among others, the Walther P22 (no real surprise) and the venerable Ruger 10/22 (in #3 and #2, respectively,) both very useful for training new shooters.

Oddly enough, the 10/22 is the most popular firearm used at Appleseed. Appleseed teaches real American history and the fundamentals of marksmanship out to a distance of 500yds. Could there be a reason that the SOBs don't want the public knowing these things?

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill - How does the above bring the 10/22 into a possible ban? Most, if not all, 10/22's are greater than 30 inches long. Further, they don't have fixed magazines. Or at least I don't think they do.

Just curious if I'm interpreting it wrong. :ingo:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    S.150

Text for the bill

Heading home and then reading it. I'm sure we'll get it posted in text here for easy reference soon.

-Rogue-

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    If camera's could talk, they might call Swinestein's face the assault weapon! :):

Positively revolting.

Interesting to see Bloomberg write that it would not pass the house.

I am actually surprised at the tactic. They are going for broke instead of going piecemeal, which would likely get something passed.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    Feinstein and her comrades are attempting to create a two-tier society. Them who have guns, and we who do not. In her perverted little world, exactly what does her devious mind have planned for all of us who are unarmed?

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    It is difficult to believe congress has not passed a budget in 4 years but now they have time to limit specific types of guns you can own .....

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Just so it isn't missed. It isn't just S. 150 we need to watch in the senate, but also:
    S. 22: A bill to establish background check procedures for gun shows.
    S. 33: A bill to prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes.
    S. 147: A bill to establish minimum standards for States that allow the carrying of concealed firearms.

I don't have time to list all the crap submitted to the house already. They will continue to swamp us with bills, in hopes of getting some to slip through, little by little.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To quote from the purpose of the bill:

Apparently we decided to skip pretending to be rational and have jumped right into looneyville.

Yeah I noticed that. So what part of "shall not be infringed" does"to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited" fall under? :dunno:

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    gun%2Bcontrol%2Bexperts.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom